Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the basic armorer course held by the Ga Port Police Dept. Had a great time and learned a few things that will help out. Like to give a shout out to Lt Polston and my other Port Police buddies for sneaking me a spot in a LE only class. :righton:

·
Registered
945 Posts
Join the GSSF (Glock Sport Shooting Foundation) for $35.00 and you can take the basic course for $150.00 anyone can do it and not have to be LE just call Glock and try to get in the next class you pass your cert is good for 3 years.

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
You can take the course for $150 if you are an active law enforcement or military officer, a private security officer, a GLOCK Stocking Dealer/Range program employee or a current GSSF member.

Of course, you can also browse the Internet and find a PDF copy of the basic armorer's course manual for free. Except you won't get the certificate and be a "certified Glock armorer" as it pertains to ordering parts direct from Glock.

·
My Name is Inigo Montoya
4,025 Posts
SongDogSniper said:
You can take the course for $150 if you are an active law enforcement or military officer, a private security officer, a GLOCK Stocking Dealer/Range program employee or a current GSSF member.

Of course, you can also browse the Internet and find a PDF copy of the basic armorer's course manual for free. Except you won't get the certificate and be a "certified Glock armorer" as it pertains to ordering parts direct from Glock.
Or the LE Discount u can get in addition to your regular GSSF discount...btw Eds Public Safety does honour the Armorers cert so you dont have to order directly from glock.

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
rabbivj said:
Or the LE Discount u can get in addition to your regular GSSF discount...btw Eds Public Safety does honour the Armorers cert so you dont have to order directly from glock.
Yes, that's right, I forgot about that.
Certified armorers may order parts from Glock, at a discount. You may also purchase two Glocks at the LE price. Your armorer's certificate is good for 3 years.
As a GSSF member, you may purchase one Glock per year at the GSSF price.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts