Glock 32...just right

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Blackadder, May 16, 2007.

1. Blackadder

Blackadder New Member

I never intended to replace my G36 for EDC, but this G32 is just too easy to shoot and tack-driver accurate not to carry it. I honestly can't tell a difference in recoil from 357SIG to 9mm. Now I need a G23 bbl so I don't go broke shooting it.

Here's the formula for my own Glock "Perfection":
    $0.25 trigger job
    Trijicon night sights
    CTC grips
    Stainless guide rod w/ 22lb. recoil spring

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Nice Glock. My idea of perfection is

Glock 17
    147gr Hornady TAP JHPs
    .25 trigger job
    Ghost Rocket 3.5 connector w/over travel stop
    Ameriglo Operator Night Sights
    grip wrap
    butt plug (for the gun you perverts)

3. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Nice!

lol

4. S&W 40

S&W 40 Active Member

One question about Glocks, why do you have to do anything if it is perfection?

Not bashing, just asking

5. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Perfection is slightly different for everyone.

What I find hilarious is that some people get genuinely mad if you modify a Glock in anyway.

6. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

I really like the .357Sig round, and I had a wonderful experience shooting a G31.

Two more mods I would suggest are the smooth faced trigger of the full size models and and extended slide stop.

Check out Clyde's out in Bogart for some ammo. They had some cans a Georgia Arms stuff at what seemed to be a good price. It may be "remanufactured"; so, it's up to you to decide whether or not to run it through your Glock.

7. Blackadder

Blackadder New Member

You're right. You almost have to give a disclaimer of "Though factory parts are more than adequate..." before any discussion of Glock mods.

They really are great guns out of the box. Pefect? not really, but I don't buy Glocks because they're perfect, just annoyingly reliable. I can't say that for the Kahr, Springfield XD, and Kimber I owned that were all an absolute POS.

Outside of my Dan Wesson 10mm, I will only own Glock, H&K or Sig pistols.

8. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Ditto. I cannot imagine going back to the "target" trigger of a regular G19.

9. Blackadder

Blackadder New Member

I have never even though about changing the trigger out on the smaller guns. I have a G17 and G20 and, you're right, those triggers age much more comfortable. Do you just replace it with a G17 trigger?

Also, before I start another wildfire, I want to clear up my previous post by saying that Kahr, Springfield, and Kimber all make quality firearms. The world doesn't revolve around me and just because I just had bad experiences with them doesn't mean that they aren't fine pistols.

10. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

Yup. Just put a G17 trigger in it.

11. GeorgiaGlocker

GeorgiaGlocker Romans 1:16

Yes, that serrated trigger has to go especially if you shoot alot of rounds at the range. I have dropped in smooth triggers in all of my Glocks. It has made a difference to me. The only other thing I have done is to add a grips.

12. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

So it is all about the children? :-k

13. Mike from Philly

Mike from Philly New Member

Two things I hate about GLOCKs ..... the slick grip and sights.

I use Tru-Grip on my competition guns ...http://www.mle-shootingsports.com/trugrip.htm

I also change out the sights to heinie sights. Although, this weekend I changing to Sevigny sights.

I'm not a polishing kind of Glock shooter. I've accepted that a GLOCK is not a 1911. I do "stone" the parts to get rid of the tool marks and burs but no polishing for me.

14. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

I change the sights as well. I have looked at the trugrip, and may give it a try.

15. Blackadder

Blackadder New Member

I shot this today from 20 yards (15 rd. mag. of Double Tap 125gr Gold Dots).

I'm not a crack shot, so this is definitely one great setup for a G32.

[​IMG]