Glock 30, carry, holster?

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Vir Quisque Vir, Jun 20, 2007.

1. Vir Quisque Vir

Vir Quisque Vir New Member

Considering a Glock 30 purchase for carry in the next few months, depending on how fast the probate judge works. Okay, in 6 months! Not as thin as the new 3 inch barrel Glock, but the 30 will take 9 or 10 in the clip just fine. A little heavy, but then so am I, all 6'5" and 304 pounds, more or less. Not comfortable just with 6 in the clip, so willing to carry a little more weight. Comments on this for carry and any suggestions for a good, comfortable holster for the 30? I have a Beretta 9mm FS, but it is too heavy loaded for me for carry, so considering the Glock 30.

2. David14

David14 Member

Got one (Glock 30), and love it. Nothing like the twisting, violent recoil I experienced with the Glock 36.
    For IWB carry, try the Tail-Gunner With Straps from High Noon Holsters ( http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Product ... traps.html ). They usually take about 3 months to deliver, since each is hand-made. It's money well spent.

3. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

The Glock 30 is a very nice shooting firearm!!

I've been using a Galco Matrix M7 for my Glocks. It works for both my G19 and my G27 and will work for any of the 9/40/357 Glocks. I also use an Andrews Leather McDaniel II IWB for both that I very much like.

I'll be adding one of the Matrix holsters for the Glock .45s soon as I have a G21, and I would very much like to add a G30 to keep it company at some point.

4. Blackadder

Blackadder New Member

Most of my holsters are of the Comp-Tac variety. I do like to carry OWB with a Blackhawk "Check Six" holster in Winter when I can wear plenty of cover.

For my G32 and G19, I carry in a C-TAC. My G20 and Dan Wesson 10MM ride in a Comp-Tac paddle, and my G33 is currently IWB in a bastardized Comp-Tac holster that was formerly a "Pro Undercover", but made tuckable with a homemade leather strut and a clip off of an old bianchi holster.

Get ready, you're going to have a boxful of holsters after about 6 months and nobody is going to give you a suggestion that is perfect.

Compt-Tac is damn close, though.

5. GeorgiaGlocker

GeorgiaGlocker Romans 1:16

Are you looking for IWB or OWB?

6. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Personally, I would check with forum member and GCO member Southern Holsters, to see if he has anything you might want to use. He makes custom holsters, belts, and magazine pouches.

:wink:

7. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

I haven't bought one yet, but the ones I've seen are VERY nice.

Mr. Southern Holsters makes some damn good stuff.

8. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Here's hoping its not all rusted and worn out from the passing ages before the license issues.

9. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I'll also put in the good word for Southern Holsters I had him make an OWB holster for for Walther PPK/S that I love. I also have on of his belts and will soon have him make me an OWB holster fo rmy new S&W M&P-9.