Glock 27 night sights

Discussion in 'How to' started by AtlantaJames, Dec 22, 2010.

1. AtlantaJames

AtlantaJames New Member

Recently picked up a Glock 27 and would like to have the sights replaced with night sights. Was thinking of asking the folks at Adventure Outdoors to install them. Any other suggestions?

2. mountainpass

mountainpass Under Scrutiny

Glock will do it just for the price of the sights. I think they offer two kinds. Their own and ?

3. cpelliott

cpelliott New Member

Definitely take it to Glock. Bring all the magazines with you. They will check out your gun and sometimes they give you brand new magazines if the ones you bring in are old. After you park, the guard at the entrance will zip tie your gun so it's best to have it unloaded before you get there.

It only took about 30 minutes for me, but I've heard it can take up to an hour.

4. SongDogSniper

SongDogSniper New Member

Their own and Trijicon.

5. KJ Eagle

KJ Eagle New Member

I have the glock nite sights on my G27, and really like them.

6. spotco2

spotco2 New Member

I would rather take it to Glock than AO plus they will check out the gun while they have it.

7. AtlantaJames

AtlantaJames New Member

Great info gang, I never would have assumed to go to Glock. Thanks!

8. jlw253

jlw253 Member

I'll be there first thing in the AM getting night sights (Christmas present -- thanks Tracy) installed and having my Gen 4 23 checked out after its first 1k rounds.

9. jlw253

jlw253 Member

Argh. Glock is already closed for the holidays.

Would have been nice if they'd said that when I called their recording yesterday to confirm their hours today. :evil:

10. SongDogSniper

SongDogSniper New Member

Damn, I was hoping to get there sometime next week.

11. jlw253

jlw253 Member

@SongDogSniper The recording is vague so I'm not certain that they're closed for the duration of next week. Wouldn't head up there tomorrow, though.

I'd suggest calling their main number in the MORNING before you head out. That would have saved me a trip today.

12. mark5019

mark5019 what me worry?

do it soon ive heard glocks stopping selling night sites after this yr

13. slammy

slammy New Member

Anyway to find out if this is true?

14. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

You could call Glock. I doubt they'd actually stop selling NS, since they're easy money.

15. D3R3K

D3R3K New Member

It might be due to Tritium being illegal in Europe. I have night sights on my Sig and I love them. It is interesting to think about them glowing 24x7 in the dark.