Glock 26

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by shootin23, Oct 24, 2007.

1. shootin23

shootin23 Guest

I'm looking to buy a Glock 26 in the future. I need opinions from others who have shot this gun. I currently own a Glock 23 and would like a little bit smaller gun for easier concealment (plus I just want another gun). Please give me your likes and dislikes of the gun. Where's the cheapest place to buy one around Atlanta?

2. shootin23

shootin23 Guest

Kimber Ultra Carry II

Give me your opinions on the Kimber Ultra Carry II also.

3. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Can't conceal a 23? :shock:

4. GrimJack

GrimJack Active Member

I have a G26 and love it, it is a bit easier to conceal than a 19 or a 33 but gives you that same "go bang without a doubt" reliability and ease of use of a Glock. I also recently purchased a S&W 442 j-frame revolver to have a smaller carry weapon as well. Not the same punch or capacity but it is a drop in the pocket kinda weapon.

5. GunNut

GunNut New Member

I believe you meant to say 19 or 32. The 33 is the exact same physical size of a 26. :D

6. Bulldawg182

Bulldawg182 Active Member

The G26 is an excellent weapon and is sized to allow easy and comfortable concealment and carry. As Grimjack said and as you already know because you own a G23, it's as reliable as a weapon can be and if you spend the $8.00 or so to add the Pearce +1 extensions to your mags, it's got a great feel to just about any sized hand. The G26 is a choice you'll never regret.

PS: I might have a very nice G26 for sale here over the next couple of days. I own two and have a friend who might want one. Check in with me in a couple days and I'll let you know if he takes it.

7. Sharky

Sharky Active Member

Buy a 26, you will not regret it. Reliability, capacity, ease of ordering accessories, price, easy to conceal, the list keeps going........I have one and may have to buy another for my fiance. She likes it a whole lot and is shooting it very well for less than 6 times shooting a gun in her lifetime!

8. shootin23

shootin23 Guest

I can conceal my Glock 23 but I wear athletic shorts on almost an everyday basis. The holster I have is a Galco Summer Special which is made for use with a belt. I want to get a smaller gun and a clip on CC holster for easier carry. Also, I leave my g/f at the apartment at times and she has to walk the dog. I'm looking for something that would be easy for a 5'5 120 lbs. girl to wear.

9. Bulldawg182

I'm available.....send pictures!!!! :lol: 8) :rotfl2:

10. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

That's his pic in the avatar.

11. Blackadder

Blackadder Guest

As long as you are comfortable shooting it, I think a G26 would be a great purchase. The Kimber is quality firearm, but a little on the heavy side with less capacity. I have never been fully confident with the reliability of a chopped 1911 (From Kimber, or anyone else).

As an EDC gun, I've never worried about dirt, sweat or lint affecting the reliability of my GLOCK. 1911's are a little more particular.

12. Bulldawg182

And what a good lookin dawg he is!!!

13. MrMorden

MrMorden New Member

I'd look closely at the G19. The dimensional difference with a 26 is not great, and the 19's longer barrel and better grip will give you better accuracy. If you have small hands it might not suit you, but I wear the G19 with shorts a lot and think it's just dandy.

Either was you go you can't go wrong the G26 is great.

14. VolGrad

VolGrad Tactical Statistician

I will agree with this post too. I recently sold my G26 to someone (who has already posted in this thread about having more than one, hint hint) and replaced it with a G19. Maybe this is just me, but I actually felt when concealing my G26 there was more pistol above the belt than below, giving it an off balance feel. For me, the G19 has that little extra barrel inside the belt line and feels more stable IWB. I know the G26 in a quality holster is plenty stable but I just feel the tiny bit extra size difference in the pistols made it feel better. Of course, you can't really pocket carry a G19 like you could a G26. The G19 is more fun to shoot and offers a larger magazine capacity.

IIRC you already have a G23 so you would know the size of a G19 (they are the same).

15. legacy38

legacy38 Well-Known Member

If you already have a 23 why not go with the 27 for mag/caliber compatabilty (even thought the 9mm is a "better" round than the .40 :lol: ).

16. Blackadder

Blackadder Guest

I'm the exact opposite. I feel like it's much easier to conceal my G33 than my G32 or G19.

That's just evidence of how different the challenge of concealment can be between one person and the next. You'll find out how many opinions you disagree with when you find out what's right for you.

That said, I'd rather carry my G32/G19 than the smaller G33, so I'll be switching to it with cooler weather. If I took the CT grips off it would probably hide a little better year round.

17. GeorgiaGlocker

GeorgiaGlocker Romans 10:13

I have a 19, 23 and a 26. The 26 is a great gun. I will not repeat what the others have said but I am in total agreement. Just purchase a couple of 33 round mags for your 26 or 19 and slap them in and have some fun at the range.

18. mswicord

mswicord New Member

How much are you planning to shoot? You will be happier with a mid size frame (19/23) if you shoot a fair amount; for CC the G 26/27 is great.

There is a lot to be said for having all your G guns of the same caliber.....you can share the large capicity mags in the smaller frame guns...

If money is not an issue get a G 19, G26, and a G27.....this way you have one of each......you may also want to get a G 17 and G 22 if you still have money left.

19. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

I know you're joking about the "caliber wars" but the fact remains that lead entering a body at 1000+ fps is gonna hurt, whether it's 9mm or .40in or .22in or .70in.

Even a bad round is better than no round at all.

20. shootin23

shootin23 Guest

I shoot a fair amount. I'm not at the range every week but I may be there every other week. I already have a G23 which I'm fairly accurate with. I am looking for a gun that is more concealable so it can be carried in a pocket, purse, holster, etc.