Glock 26 mag holder

Discussion in 'Holsters / Method of Carry' started by Sharky, Oct 30, 2007.

1. Sharky

Sharky Active Member

So for the fellow G26 owners. If you carry extra mags which holder are you using? I am looking for both a single and double mag carrier. I have noticed both Blackhawk and Fobus have paddle and clip on versions, which I would like to use. Both for ease of getting them on and off when I want to. My dilema is will the mag holder be too deep for the 10 round mags.

Do the double stack versions work okay? The 10 round mags are a bit shorter obviously than the 15 rounders. Even with the Mag spacers installed on the extended mags the length that would be inside the holder is the same, hence the reason for the spacers! Hopefully this is making sense, its harder to explain.

thoughts and suggestions please..........

2. GrimJack

GrimJack Active Member

I use a Don Hume single Belt slide Glock mag and it works fine for either the G26 or G19 mags (with or without the G26 spacer). I do agree a paddle or clip style would be easier to get on and off.

3. Sharky

Sharky Active Member

Cool I ordered 2 different styles depending on my mood that day! LOL One single and one double, different manufactures as well.

My main concern was the depth issue. I was worried about ordering a mag holder that was too deep for the 26 mags with or without the spacers on them! :)

Thanks GrimJack. If anybody else has experiance with the 26 mags and carriers I appreciate your opinions!

4. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

I usually have cargo pants that I put my extra mag in if I'm carrying extra. I can't justify spending money on a mag holder if I don't always carry an extra mag.

5. legacy38

legacy38 Well-Known Member

I've got a couple of the Blackhawk single universal carriers that have belt attachments and like them. I also have one of the Fobus paddle single carriers made specifically for Glocks. The Fobus works better with the shorter 26/27 size mags than does the Blackhawk universal holder.

I prefer a single carrier as it is easier to conceal. If I want to carry two mags, I still prefer the single carriers as I can put in front of and one behind of the hipline for easier concealment and comfort.

6. Sharky

Sharky Active Member

Thanks for the info Legacy!!! I was wondering about that. Once they get here I will let you know how I make out. I mainly purchased the double for cooler weather when I have a jacket. I may be returning the blackhawk and getting the single Fobus if I feel the same about the Blackhawk single carrier.

PTSMITH- I was doing that and continue to until they arrive, however the reaction time is slow as heck (why I ordered holders), but better to have than not have I suppose.

7. Sharky

Sharky Active Member

well the mag holders came in and the blackhawk is great. The fobus double mag carrier..... huge and not comfy. Will be returning that one and ordering another single mag carrier. Maybe a leather clip on just to have something different. I just didnt like the paddle and size of the overall holster. (probably why I dont have a paddle for my G26)

Thanks for the help guys :D

8. mswicord

mswicord New Member

dont use the spacer....carry a G17 mag.....it will fit nicely......