Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you all know i had the trade bug and finally scratched the itch. I traded my G19 for a G23. I like the same size but in a little bigger caliber. It is from what i can gather made in 1998. It was a safe queen and still has the gold lube in it. the barrel has no wear marks from shooting.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ran about 60 rounds through it today. No hiccups at all. even tried some of the rounds i have mentioned in the ammo section. everything fed great. I am very pleased with this gun.

·
My Name is Inigo Montoya
4,025 Posts
I also have a g23. It's a great gun!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
655 Posts
jmathis84 said:
As you all know i had the trade bug and finally scratched the itch. I traded my G19 for a G23. I like the same size but in a little bigger caliber. It is from what i can gather made in 1998. It was a safe queen and still has the gold lube in it. the barrel has no wear marks from shooting.
I dont see where the caliber change is necessarily an upgrade. With modern ammunition, a 9mm is good for HD, duty or whatever.

I carry one at work, and its a great, rack grade sidearm, but I can feel a hair more "snap" in the recoil w/ this weapon. Personally, I find the G19 to be ideal, and very controlable.

I plan on goin to a G19 as soon as I can. The ability to carry more ammo is never a bad thing, and I would rather hit w/ a 9mm, than miss w/ a .40.
Good luck with your piece, and shoot the crap ot of it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts