Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my first non-9mm handgun yesterday: a Gen3 Glock 23. It was trade-in at American Classic Marksman and in excellent condition; I can't tell that it had ever been fired. I ran a box and a half of ammo through it with no problems. $410 with their current Glock sale.

I currently carry a Glock 19, so the 23 fits all my current holsters. I ordered my preferred Federal LE ammo, so once it arrives I'll switch to carrying the 23.

The 19, at that point, gets designated as the nightstand/bedroom gun. I'm adding night sights and light to it.

It was fun day.

·
Romans 10:13
4,626 Posts
Great addition. Get ready for that snappier recoil. :)

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,727 Posts
Y'all are behind the times. I bought my G23 in 1990. :lol:

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
Congrats. G23 is a solid platform -- one of my favorites in the lineup. Mine is appx 12 y/o and is still a very solid weapon. I took it to glock last year to have it looked over and to install new night sights. They changed a few springs and nothing else, and that was mainly not due to wear but in favor of a newer design IIRC. Now that's what I call solid. Federal HST is also fed to my 23.

Personally I'm on the opposite side of the spectrum -- bought the second 9mm ever this week. All of my autos are 40 or 45.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Mine wears a set of crimson trace with a Ghost trigger job, my carry when I head to he hood...Enjoy!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
T. May said:
I love my 23. It was a trade in as well. It really fits my hands well.
I handed the 23 to my wife, an occasional shooter, and she loved the grip size. She wants to go shoot it the next time I go to the range.

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Phil1979 said:
Same here, it was my first personally owned Glock pistol, purchased in September 1990 as a backup. Still a great pistol, it is my wife's now, but I would never hesitate to carry it.

You know you can shoot 9mm in it too if you ever want to, right? Just get the Lone Wolf drop in conversion barrel for $99 and some Glock 19 mags and you're good to go.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
SW_Sigma said:
RickN said:
$410 with their current Glock sale.
What glock sale???
$40 off. They've had signs up about it for a while, so it's not a "this weekend only" kind of sale.

The trade-in 23 was $449, a new one was $559. So, knock $40 off those.

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,727 Posts
SongDogSniper said:
Phil1979 said:
Same here, it was my first personally owned Glock pistol, purchased in September 1990 as a backup. Still a great pistol, it is my wife's now, but I would never hesitate to carry it.

You know you can shoot 9mm in it too if you ever want to, right? Just get the Lone Wolf drop in conversion barrel for $99 and some Glock 19 mags and you're good to go.
Yep, or .357 Sig, too. :)

·
Registered
707 Posts
The G23 was my first Glock as well. I love that gun and it's still my EDC.

You did good with that G23.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts