Glock 17 Question

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by BWCustoms, Jan 24, 2011.

1. BWCustoms

BWCustoms New Member

On the gen 4 - if you could choose only one after market part to replace a factory part, what would you replace & why.

2. Outlier

Outlier Active Member

The factory sights; I'm more comfortable with blacked out rear sights and a tritium front.

3. William

William Member

4. cocsp2002

cocsp2002 New Member

I would say 3.5# connector. I like that SA style trigger pull; means I can focus less on trigger pull and more on sight alignment.

5. vooduchikn

vooduchikn New Member

+1,

I like Heinie sights on the rear and a fiber optic front. I know its weird, but after many changes, thats what acquire the fastest and shoot best with. Never been a fan of three dot night sights, just my preference.
    http://www.heinie.com/information.php?info_id=12

6. madcapmagician

madcapmagician New Member

The only thing required to make a Glock service/CCW ready is a new set of sights and a case of ammo. I like the minus connectors and an extended slide release, but they're not necessary.

I'm a huge fan of the Warren Tactical sights, more specifically the tritium front and plain rear.

7. jmathis84

jmathis84 New Member

I would change the sights out.I would put either Trijicons or Fiber optic sights. I have had 2 Glocks with them on it and liked the quick aquisition of the Fiber optic sights.

8. mathar1

mathar1 New Member

I DID replace my sights with the Ameri-Glo tritium ghost ring. Fastest sight acquisition I have ever seen in a gun ONCE YOU GET USED TO IT! Then in descending order 3.5 trigger KIT (the bar alone does NOT remotely get to 3.5 without changing the springs as well and with the springs/bar kit, a PROPER polish job and titanium plunger you can get to 2.57lbs like mine :D )...a titanium plunger for trigger esmooth...extended slide release, extended mag release (Vickers Tactical), mag well for lightning fast reloads, and finally a stainless guide rod for less friction and more stability on long range shots. :wink:

9. TheLaw

TheLaw Old Time Member

+ 1 on the Ameriglos. The Orange front sight is like a Beacon in the night when you pull the firearm up.. :)