Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The one from yesterday where he noted 2017 had no lives lost on commercial air flights in the US.

He said as President he has been very tough on commercial airlines.

CNN could have had lots of fun with this one.

I like Trump's good work in most areas but did not know he was saving lives on airliners too.

Damn that is a dumb statement.

·
Registered
10,809 Posts
He gave them a bunch of other things that were more exciting for them to roll with, like the "mine is bigger than yours" tweet to North Korea about the nuclear launch button.

The media still doesn't seem to understand what Trump does and why. Granted, I don't know if it is narcissism or strategic planning, but the pattern remains:
1) Trump issues a bunch of tweets that are surely going to make any competent person scratch their head.
2) The media goes berserk trying to show the lunacy of the comments. So much so that they get desperate for any information that corroborates that thesis.
3) The media inevitably gets more disparaging information about Trump and publishes to support their position, only to find out that they've been duped (or they do it already knowing that it is incorrect).
4) Trump points out how dishonest the media is using their own words and actions against them.
5) In the end, all people remember is "Trump" and that the media is dishonest. The fact that the POTUS doesn't behave "presidential" or says bizarre or even inappropriate things doesn't become as significant to people as the fact that the free press/mass media can't be trusted.
6) Trump then controls the narrative.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
He gave them a bunch of other things that were more exciting for them to roll with, like the "mine is bigger than yours" tweet to North Korea about the nuclear launch button.

The media still doesn't seem to understand what Trump does and why. Granted, I don't know if it is narcissism or strategic planning, but the pattern remains:
1) Trump issues a bunch of tweets that are surely going to make any competent person scratch their head.
2) The media goes berserk trying to show the lunacy of the comments. So much so that they get desperate for any information that corroborates that thesis.
3) The media inevitably gets more disparaging information about Trump and publishes to support their position, only to find out that they've been duped (or they do it already knowing that it is incorrect).
4) Trump points out how dishonest the media is using their own words and actions against them.
5) In the end, all people remember is "Trump" and that the media is dishonest. The fact that the POTUS doesn't behave "presidential" or says bizarre or even inappropriate things doesn't become as significant to people as the fact that the free press/mass media can't be trusted.
Good assessment. It's a mixture of his narcissism (me me me me me) and downright #$%^&*! with them.

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
I don't think the Man is stupid at all. With that said he does say stupid things sometimes. If he were a General leading troops in battle against me I would be very careful. If Main Stream Media were the forces I was given to fight him I would be dead,captured or on the run.

Reactions: AtlPhilip

·
Registered
14,960 Posts
I present to you...Steve Bannon.

Reactions: RedDawnTheMusical

·
Registered
10,809 Posts
I present to you...Steve Bannon.
I honestly wonder what the deal is with Bannon. I find it hard, albeit not impossible, to believe that he is as haphazard as he appears. I think his antics, like Trump's, are meant to keep people off guard and there is a lot more going on behind the scenes than most realize.

·
Registered
4,414 Posts
Sigh. To anyone who says “Trump is not stupid“, I ask: have you ever actually met the man, works for the man, or done business with the man?

No? Then I submit you truly have no idea how stupid he really is.

Perhaps you should read the new book coming out. Hundreds of quotes from dozens of people who actually know the man, worked for the man, and do business with man.

Yep, he’s stupid. Extremely stupid. Unbelievably stupid.

The only thing more stupid than Trump is the stupidity of the American voting public. As proof of this, I submit that out of 300 million citizens, they chose Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump as the two best leaders to pick from. That shows overwhelming stupidity.

I don’t even feel like discussing it.

·
PawPaw x 3
8,810 Posts
Sigh. I ask: have you ever actually met the man, works for the man, or done business with the man?
QUOTE]
So this works for everyone but you? Very telling. Someone would have to be stupid not to believe you...hahahahaha

·
Registered
4,414 Posts
So this works for everyone but you? Very telling. Someone would have to be stupid not to believe you...hahahahaha
Due to my profession, I know the man, I've met the man, I have worked with the man.

This is not about me, this is about Trump.

Perhaps the biggest difference between me and Trump, is that Trump Is Obsessed about what people think about him. Insult Trump and he will attack you on Twitter.

Me? I don't care what you or anybody else thinks about me. At ALL. Insult me all you want to, see if I care. It won't happen.

Oh, and I'm also not president and never will be.

·
Proud GCO member.
7,960 Posts
Due to my profession, I know the man, I've met the man, I have worked with the man.
Me too. And BKite. And Wegahe.

This is not about me, this is about Trump.
Much like Trump, when you offer your opinion in a public forum you become part of the discussion.

Me? I don't care what you or anybody else thinks about me. At ALL. Insult me all you want to, see if I care. It won't happen.
And yet you just tried to deflect and shut down conversation about you.

·
Cross-drawer
7,363 Posts
My cousin's wife, Jennifer Massey, was the runner up on season 2 of The Apprentice. She spent a lot of time with him and around him. She didn't think that he was stupid. Far from it.

·
Registered
10,809 Posts
Perhaps you should read the new book coming out. Hundreds of quotes from dozens of people who actually know the man, worked for the man, and do business with man.
Which book? The one by Michael Wolff? He isn't exactly know for his accuracy and even the liberal media is doubting a lot of what is in this book.

I've never met Trump. I have no idea what he knows or doesn't know. He seems to suffer from NPD (Narcissistic Personality Disorder), but I'm not qualified to make a true clinical diagnosis. If he is an utter moron, he must have been at least smart enough to surround himself with competent people as, overall, his businesses have done pretty well. Those businesses may have been succeeding in spite of him, but maybe the same will work for the country then. I don't believe that there is any denying that he has accomplished a lot in his first year (for reference: http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/y...1-obama-legacy-items-repealed/article/2644159) and that is in spite of a congress that didn't want to work with him (including his own party) and the majority of the main stream media keeping a constant assault on him.

Reactions: TimBob

·
Super Moderator
69,784 Posts

·
Registered
8,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
He is clearly not stupid and discovered, like Ross Perot, how to succeed biggly in business.
Sue the pants off your competitors at every opportunity, settle with them on the courthouse steps years later if they don't give up before then.

And fire your lawyers and sue them too if need be.

Be sure that if anything goes bad business-wise that bankruptcy laws or threat of bankruptcy will get your lenders in line.

It's not dumb or timid to make this heavy use of the legal system.

·
GeePeeDoHolic
6,415 Posts
Scott Adams had an interesting post about Trump's appearance of a short attention span.

http://blog.dilbert.com/2017/05/20/the-short-attention-span-president/

And let me tell you a few necessary skills a leader in that situation needs to possess:

1. No patience with long explanations. If an advisor can't put the USEFUL information in summary form, ignore and move to the next advisor.

2. Ability to know which variables are sufficient to make the decision.

A president needs those two qualities. Otherwise, the job would overwhelm. if you are one of the advisors who doesn't get enough attention from the president - because your explanations of things are overly wordy or useless - what message do you leak to the press?

·
Registered
14,960 Posts
Sigh. To anyone who says "Trump is not stupid", I ask: have you ever actually met the man, works for the man, or done business with the man?

Trump has spent the last 50 years or so honing his "stupidity" to razor sharpness. He's so stupid that he's managed to outplay and outwit just about everybody in his chosen profession and somehow managed to morph it into a 4 and potentially 8 year lease on the White House. Truly he is a stupid man.

No, I've never met him. I don't play a real estate mogul or a politician in real life or on TV. And I haven't slept in a Holiday Inn ever.

Reactions: OWM
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.