Giving up gun rights in order to get gun rights.

Discussion in 'GA Laws and Politics' started by Minuteman, Sep 10, 2007.

1. Minuteman

Minuteman New Member

The Floyd County Commission, whom we have notified that they are violating Georgia's preemption law because they ban firearms possession in recreation facilities, will caucus today and the gun ban is on the agenda.

So, I'm going in order to observe, answer questions, and advocate our position if necessary.

Since it is being held at the Etowah Park Senior Citizens Center, guns according to their ordinance are banned. I therefore will have to leave my CCW at home since the ban certainly includes the parking lot and will be disarmed to/from the Center.

I find it very ironic and disconcerting that I have to give up my God given rights in order to try to get back my God given rights in my hometown.

Amazing. But that's why we have GCO.

2. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

It is not just a matter of rules. O.C.G.A. 16-11-127 makes it a crime to carry a firearm at "political . . . functions" and "publicly owned or operated buildings."

:evil:

3. ber950

ber950 Active Member

The Senior Center is off limits per the state public gathering statute. If it was just their silly little preempted ban I wouldn't worry about it.

Baby steps. It took a long time to get in this mess. It will take a while to get out.

4. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

I couldn't have made it anyway... though it is curious that I never got a letter back about this.

5. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

:?:

6. Boy Racer

Boy Racer New Member

Minuteman -- Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:43 am
    Gunstar1 -- Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:50 pm

GS1 laments that he missed the meeting that occurred during the day on Mon, Sep 10, 2007.