1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Man of Myth and Legend
17,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
NRA Certified Instructor
6,377 Posts
This is as bad a google buying the Nest thermostats, cameras and other Nest products then loading software on them so they at Google can control them. Of course it's all so google can aid you is staying green and saving energy. google would never use it to spy on you in your own home. Would they???

·
Man of Myth and Legend
17,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Google? Spy on you? Thats just plain crazy thinking there. They would never do that.

Nemo

·
Registered
740 Posts
I tried to use a Roomba but I have too much antique furniture - it's not Roomba-friendly (it often can't get underneath).

But that's pretty sinister.

I would wrap mine in foil.

DH

·
Registered
9,750 Posts
I’ve got the old ones before they put cameras and Bluetooth and WiFi in them. I had no idea new ones were in the $900 range. For that price, the better clean stairs, knock cobwebs out of high corners, mop, and scrub countertops!

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
I tried to use a Roomba but I have too much antique furniture - it's not Roomba-friendly (it often can't get underneath).

But that's pretty sinister.

I would wrap mine in foil.

DH
You arent kidding. Ive got a samsung one i picked up on sale that has lidar and the like. That thing forced itself under the recliner one day where the rail on the recliner cut a line clear across the top of it. I was impressed.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
I guess my Roomba is too old to worry about. It doesn't map a thing, it just wanders aimlessly. I have to rescue the damn thing constantly. It does help with the hair from our German Shedder.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I guess my Roomba is too old to worry about. It doesn't map a thing, it just wanders aimlessly. I have to rescue the damn thing constantly. It does help with the hair from our German Shedder.
I have a robo-mower that does not map anything - just wanders around its wired perimeter daily and keeps my backyard cut. No one gets a map of my yard (can't imagine why anyone would find it interesting) - a case where old tech is best.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts