·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
"Your right to bare arms is based on a reasonable degree of safety"
I must have missed that sentence in the BOR. Oh, and Rudy, it's "bear".

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
N.T.F.S. said:
"A person's home is their castle. They have the right to protect themselves in their own home."
Except when that home is in NYC, right?

Sorry, bud, you can flip flop all you want, you are still not getting my vote.

·
Registered
252 Posts
"Your right to bear arms is based on a reasonable degree of safety," he said.

He indicated that he would oppose new efforts to tighten national gun laws.

"I believe that law enforcement should focus on enforcing the laws that exist on the books as opposed to passing new extensions of laws," he said. "A person's home is their castle. They have the right to protect themselves in their own home."

Giulaini explained the lawsuit he initiated in 2000 against gun manufacturers by saying that he was "excessive in everyway that I could think of in order to reduce crime" but said that "intervening events" like September 11th had caused his views to evolve. "I think that lawsuit has gone in the direction that I don't agree with."
What is a "reasonable degree of safety"? I feel a reasonable degree of safety driving down the highway with my pistol locked and cocked in the center cosole. But I don't feel that same reasonable degree of safety while I'm unarmed in a courthouse with violent criminals.

If he really has changed his mind and has "seen the light" then he should prove it. Talk is cheap, show me a plan of his that involves removing/reducing citizen disarmament (aka gun control). Oh, he just means a reasonable degree of safety while hunting. :roll:

·
Registered
160 Posts
If he would put in writing exactly what it is he would support and exactly what he would oppose I might reconsider him. All of these speeches don't do a thing to convince me though. It's just a bunch of rhetoric with no details and I don't believe him.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts