Giuliani and Thompson in Gun Battle

Discussion in 'National Laws, Bills and Politics' started by AJ, Aug 22, 2007.

1. AJ

AJ New Member

I'll bet on the guy with guns!! :shoot: Even if he is an actor...

From Newsmax:

Giuliani and Thompson in Gun Battle
    Former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani's campaign took aim at Fred Thompson, after the former senator posted a blog on his Web site criticizing New York City gun-control laws and singling out Giuliani by name.
    "When I was working in television, I spent quite a bit of time in New York City,†Thompson wrote, according to The Hill newspaper. "There are lots of things about the place I like, but New York gun laws don’t fall in that category.
    "Now, the same activist federal judge from Brooklyn who provided Mayor Giuliani’s administration with the legal ruling it sought to sue gun makers, has done it again. Last week, he created a bizarre justification to allow New York City to sue out-of-state gun stores that sold guns that somehow ended up in criminal hands in the Big Apple.â€
    Giuliani’s campaign reacted on Tuesday:
    "Those who live in New York in the real world - not on TV - know that Rudy Giuliani’s record of making the city safe for families speaks for itself,†Katie Levinson, Giuliani's communications director, said in response to press questions. "No amount of political theater will change that.â€

2. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

3. M249

M249 New Member

Giuliani is nothing more than an opportunist who is riding the coattails of the September 11th attacks. Yes, that's cold, but I believe it to be true.

Fred is sharp and has gravitas. I'd recommend Rudy NOT go down this road. It can only end with Rudy looking like a complete asshat... but I repeat myself.

4. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

Looking like one? Or being exposed for the one that he is?

5. Wiley

Wiley New Member

It sure does!

6. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

Giuliani is not a dumb man. I think he has some very good qualities as a leader or potential leader. I think he would stand up for what he believes in & not take too much shyte, and wouldn't waffle toooo badly. With that said I don't like many of his positions and I certainly would never take him over Thompson but I would take him over other candidates.
    Is he an opportunist - sure, just like every other politician...

7. Thorsen

Thorsen New Member

Giuliani is a RINO. Look at his positions and tell me why this guy is considered a republican at all.

God help us all if the major parties give the electorate a choice between Giuliani and Clinton.

8. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

republican in name only.

9. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

Republican in Name Only.

I HATE YOU PTSMITH!

10. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid= ... refer=home

11. AJ

AJ New Member

Oh, it's happening alright, they just don't want to admit it...

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/wn_repo ... homps.html

Since Fred announced he's been running within 5-6 points of Giuliani in most polls, and Giuliani trials Mitt and/or Fred in Iowa, NH, and maybe even SC. It's far from over...

12. Malum Prohibitum

They're really going to nominate her.

13. Thorsen

Thorsen New Member

Looks that way. What is scary to me is the possibility of a Guiliani / Clinton presidential choice. Its looking to be more and more possible each passing day.

14. Malum Prohibitum

Stop! I won't be able to sleep tonight.

15. Guest

Guest Guest

Bush(1984), Bush(1988), Clinton(1992), Clinton(1996), Bush(2000), Bush(2004).

That said... If Hillary is elected, it can only lead to Jeb.

We must stop Hillary now. It isn't funny anymore. :twisted:

16. fallison

fallison New Member

1984 was Reagan

17. Molon Labe

Molon Labe New Member

Bush (1984) ?

18. kkennett

kkennett New Member

:?: Flaw in the slaw here. 1984 was Reagan. Bush senior was a one termer.