Girlfriend Who Open Carries

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by adcurt, Jul 7, 2007.

1. adcurt

adcurt New Member

It's funny, but I can't think of any women I know who open-carry or even conceal carry (handbags aside), but my girlfriend asked me about it and sorta hinted that she'd be interested.

It struck me that a female who open carried (especially a 5'2" cutie) could go just about anywhere she pleased (not like she couldn't with a permit anyway, but you know what I mean).

Do any of you have a wife or girlfriend who carries? Just curious.

Disclaimer: This Lady can hit red at 50 feet with a 45. Her dad has a spectacular collection and she's well-trained if she decided to carry so no problem there. :)

2. adcurt

adcurt New Member

By the way: Did anyone go to Bullseye range in Lawrenceville today (Saturday)? I was there around 3pm and it was waaay crowded and I was looking around and just thought... I wonder.

I was shooting my Kimber Pro Raptor II (45, of course) and my S&W M&P 40 Compact (sporting a navy polo with a OD green tac bag - I looked fan-tas-tic - joke, joke).

Just curious though.

---
    Funny thing (God, I'm off topic now aren't I) was that I was coming to a close on the M&P and was shooting it at 50 feet and I shot off one of the target holder/clips (I was shooting high at distance with that thing and was trying to adjust).

I pulled in the target, folded it so that the remaining clip would hold it fine - and then shot off the second holder/clip with the very next shot. Go figure. I packed it up for the day.

In my defence, I got three bullseyes in 18 rounds at 50 feet with that 3" barrel compact. I'm getting better with it every time I take her out, but my grouping isn't what I'm used to - this ismy first compact. However, the Kimber can do better than that even from a draw. Har-har!

3. Claire

Claire New Member

female here

I'm 5' 3" - 120lbs - 42yrs old

When I had my beretta 9m it was with me more often than not. I was living in PA briefly & NJ circa mid 80's

I don't have a carry license in this state once I do - grabbing my weapon is second nature like putting keys & cell phone in my pocket when I leave the house.

4. adcurt

adcurt New Member

Good to hear it, Claire! Thanks for the response. Now go get that permit... and then wait 6 months for it to come in. ;)

5. pro2am

pro2am New Member

Thankfully Cherokee didn't take 6 months when I got mine almost a year ago. I think it was in the 70's days range.

6. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

GlockGirl carries.

and she's cute, too.

7. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

My lady hates guns.

8. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

:ttiwwp:

I feel your pain on this one.

9. Claire

Claire New Member

ok here I am at Amicalola Falls this past March

[​IMG]

while I'm here I'll show off my little boy
    [​IMG]

pro2am - I hope it doesn't take too long for Cherokee to process my paperwork. I'll be sure to post my experience

10. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

:(

11. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired New Member

MrsGunns has her GFL and packs everywhere she can. Only downside is she stole one of my pistols when we got married. One minute it was mine, next thing I know there's an empty spot in the gun safe! :shock: Oh well, guess I'll just have to find a way to fill it... :twisted:

12. Cavediver

Cavediver New Member

Little? :lol:

My wife is starting to carry. She's having a bit of trouble finding a good holster. For now it's an Uncle Mikes pancake with a cover shirt...

13. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

We need to figure out a way to make all those people aware of both this site and GCO Membership . . .

Seems like a field ripe for the harvest.

14. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

For what it is worth, my wife carries, but she can't stand openly carrying (even when I do it).