girl-cop robs convenience store

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by gunsmoker, Nov 13, 2006.

1. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

I'm putting this in the "Off Topic" category because it's only slightly related to CCW. It just goes to illustrate the idea that it's wrong to assume that cops are the only ones who can be trusted with guns, because they're always right and ordinary civilians with guns are just reckless, incompetent, or criminally-inclined:

COURT OF APPEALS OF GEORGIA
    Boone v. State, A06A1929 (decided 10/24/2006)

PARAPHRASE:
    Rebecca Boone was convicted of armed robbery, and she appeals.

The facts are: When she and the other suspects were pulled-over because their vehicle (Boone's truck) matched the description of the getaway car, and it was headed in the direction the robbers had been seen fleeing, and upon the officer asking the ladies if they had any weapons in the vehicle, one of them said "Yes, we have a couple of guns." While one of the officers was handcuffing her, he realized that she was a former Cobb County Deputy Sheriff, and his former supervisor!

2. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Well, I know police officers (know them personally) who have committed murder, armed robbery, burglary, and other violent crimes. Not my speculation - we are talking convictions. And there are many more I know about.

I have yet to know, personally, the holder of a GFL that has committed any of the above offenses.

3. jmorin

jmorin New Member

On his blog "The War on Guns", David Codrea posts articles about LE officers and gov't officials who have abused the law but routinely receive a slap on the wrist or less for their crimes. Click on any of the links that read "The Only Ones..." It's sick.