Giant Once Carbon Road Bike For Trade

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired' started by robfromga, Oct 8, 2010.

1. robfromga

robfromga New Member

This is my old race bike, its seen very little road use in the past 2-3 years, maybe 150 miles. Up to that point I raced up to a Cat2 license and put many miles on her.

Campy Record shifter/brake lever.
    Campy Record frnt/rear derailleurs.
    FSA ISIS Carbon Crank.
    FSA ISIS Bottom Bracket.
    Deda Newton Bars.
    ITM stem.
    American Classic 420 Wheels, clinchers.
    fizik saddle.
    Campy Centaur brakes.
    Michelin Race tires.
    Speedplay Pedals.
    Large frame Size

I honestly have no idea what the sale value would be, I can say that Ive got nearly 5k in this bike. The frame has a very sweet ride to it. Bike isnt ragged .Drivetrain needs a good cleaning, which I'll do, drivetrain isnt worn. Its does have some bumps here and there, but would easily do a full race/training season with little to no extras.

Im looking to trade this for something close to its value, and the value isnt 5k. I'd love to trade it for a dirtbike, few years old, not ragged out. Im open to trades though, no junk. Im in the Augusta Ga area, and can travel a reasonable distance to meet.
    [​IMG]

2. suttree

suttree New Member

Sweet ride. I used to love the Ga cup crit down there. Got 3rd in the 3 race once. Hated the RR though, miserably hot.

3. mountainpass

mountainpass Under Scrutiny

Good luck on the sale. That's a nice bike, I bet that suckers light.

I tried selling my mountain bike earlier this year, but after I didn't have any luck I got back on it, I'm so glad I did. I'm now in the best shape I've been in years. So take a hard look at it........the weather is perfect for riding. Hey if you do get back on it, come on up to Jasper and ride Burnt Mountain.

4. robfromga

robfromga New Member

Thanks mtn!

Its light, 15ish lbs.

I still ride mtn bikes. I just don't ride the road any more. I've risen road bikes since I was 18, im 39 now. Plus 15 people just got hit on a group ride here, one of which is still on a vent 2 weeks later. Im tired of fearing for life when I ride.

I don't have a clue what the sale price would be, so I.was thinking of a trade. But I will sell it, agan unsure of a fair price.

5. samman23

samman23 New Member

Gosh. That's terrible hearing about those guys who got hit. I have not ridden since leaving TX because I don't feel safe riding anywhere.

6. robfromga

robfromga New Member

Bump. Come on, get a head of your new years resolution :righton:

7. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

I know somebody who's a triathlete looking for a training bike so he doesn't break his expensive wheels two days before the Augusta triathlon while training again.

I'll put him in touch.

8. robfromga

robfromga New Member

wednesday bumper roonie

9. mountainpass

mountainpass Under Scrutiny

This is a nice road bike guys. If you are looking to get in better shape this would be a good choice. I wish it was a small or even a medium(I'm right at the change over).