GFODL? What's up with them?

Discussion in 'General GWL Questions' started by foshizzle, Feb 20, 2007.

1. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

Georgia Firearms Owners Defense League.

http://www.seajayservices.com/gfodl/

I'm not sure they ever had a working forum, but I do remember maybe a year or so ago when I first started looking into GA firearms laws that I came up on this site. Then, they shut down and the webmaster posted that there were 100's of emails telling him to open back up.

Was this website just assimilated into GP.org or something? Seems like they have a lot of the same info (county license stories). I noticed that the links on GFODL don't mention GPDO or GCO. I saw GFODL mentioned on another website and half-mentioned correcting them as to the "real" GA CCW website...

Too many acronyms :shock:

2. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

I will give you the short version...

Basically, I was maintaining GFODL's website just before everyone still running it decided to quit. I got permission from those still in charge (the person who started it had quit months before) to let me keep the data we had gathered and create a new website (this site) with it.

Yes there was a forum and this is it. That is why some people have join dates older than the 1 year this site has been running.

After GFODL died, the person who created GFODL and the original website started it back up.

I don't know what is going on with them currently.

3. jason1

jason1 New Member

I was a member of the site for a month before it shut down.It did have a forum like gunstar1 said.The group was kind of a lame duck a lot of the group said that they would take action on a issue but didn't take any action.Unlike Georgiacarry.org which has fought the good fight for our right on the 60 day issue,county park issue,[ect].But to bad that Georgiacarry.org can't use the name it sounds better then a web site address that there using now in the eyes of our Representatives when we go be for them to fight for our rights.I know it might sound stupid complaining about the name it just sounds better Georgia Firearm Owners Defense League.

4. geaux_tigers

geaux_tigers Member

I dunno ... kinda sounds like the members should be wearing spandex and capes with their own nicknames and special powers. :D

5. geaux_tigers

geaux_tigers Member

Wait a sec ... we have nicknames!

6. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

:sly:
    If you are trying to figure out a way to get people to wear spandex, count me out. :shakehead: :puke:

7. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Not even in tie form? 8)

8. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired Active Member

SHHHHHHHHH!!!!! You can't say the Ie-Tay word!