GFL Received Today!!!

Discussion in 'Ga. County Licensing Information' started by Brian618, Aug 3, 2007.

1. Brian618

Brian618 New Member

I left work a little early today and headed home. Stopped at the mailbox on my way into the house and mixed in with the usual junk mail and magazines was an envelope that I had addressed. I was very excited as I knew exactly what it was.

I applied on June 22 and according to the license it was issued on July 31, and received by me today, August 3. At total of 42 days from applying to my hand in Gwinnett County.

In celebration I strapped on my XD-9 gathered up the kids and took them out to dinner (Unfortunately it was no place I like, damn alcohol rule) at Chick-fil-A and stopped at Quik Trip on the way home to pick up a six pack of beer.

Open Carried the whole time without incident or remark, (I didn't even get an urge to shoot the guy who pulled out in front of me while driving home, I guess Sarah Brady was wrong :lol: ). I intend to CC mostly, but this being a special day, [sarcasm] my first day being granted permission to exercise my God-Given and Constitutional right to bear arms by my benevolent Government [/sarcasm] I decided to open carrry.

2. merlock

merlock New Member

3. M249

M249 New Member

Are you coming to the GCO Summer Lunch to help us fix that stupid alcohol rule? :)

4. Brian618

Brian618 New Member

You bet your ass I'm coming :lol: All paid up and everything, and just bought another T-shirt and a Coffee Mug with the new logo so Gunny won't yell at me :wink:

5. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired New Member

What makes you think thats gonna help?

6. M249

M249 New Member

You know Marines, the normal volume of their voices constitutes a yell to civilized folk.

A Marine gunny will give a mission briefing and move out an entire platoon. The only people on Earth who understand it are enlisted Marines. To everyone else it sounds like a pack of hounds baying in unison :)

7. Brian618

Brian618 New Member

I guess it's hard for those old Marines to change their ways, We folks who served in the more civilized services (Read as anything but a Marine) should be compassionate :twisted:

8. USMC - Retired

Don't you mean civilianized? Only difference between an Zoomies and a Greyhound Bus drive is altitude. Only difference between Squids and the Carnival Cruise folks is the food and the only difference betwwen Doggies and Cops is some folks are afraid of cops.

9. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

You were clearly doing it wrong.

I take it you were part of the Chair Force. In all fairness, not having a golf course on every base is pretty barbaric of those Marines...

10. Brian618

Brian618 New Member

Ouch Gunny, The doggy comment hurt a little. You should respect your elders (Jun 14 1775 > Nov 10 1775)

I don't disagree with you about the Squids and Zoomies though :wink:

11. Brian618

Brian618 New Member

Not even on a bet, Army, Be All You can Be (87-96)

12. M249

M249 New Member

If I had to take a random sampling of folks from any given service that I had to go onto a two-way range with, i.e. I couldn't pick only Infantrymen, CCTs, PJs, Seals, etc., I would pick Marines.

Man, that hurt to say. :cry:

13. USMC - Retired

Thanks M249.

And just to show that we don't have to argue all the time, I'll pick the same thing.

14. JMJ2

JMJ2 New Member

Congradualations ! Welcome to the Armed Citizen Brigade
    Stay alert private!

15. merlock

merlock New Member

Say what you will about us zoomies...for the most part, we send our OFFICERS out to get shot at :p

16. slabertooch

slabertooch New Member

Na we have golf courses, they just look like this...
    [​IMG]

now that is a real sand bunker...
    [​IMG]

and of course the water hazards...
    [​IMG]

and of course this is for all yall with bigger balls...
    [​IMG]

if you all want a "T" time let me know, the local Public Affairs officer will be more than happy to let you play through, and the Marines will happily wave you down range. 8)

17. ber950

ber950 Active Member

Jeff Cooper said
    If you want to see the world. Join the Navy
    If you want to lean a trade. Join the Army
    If you want to fight. Join the Marines.

Of course he was prejudiced.

18. Savvy Jack

Savvy Jack Banned

What is the open carry law with a concealed permit?