Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A question was posed over on GLOCKTalk as to what states classify carry permits as public records.

I've done a search and didn't turn up anything. So, are GFL's classified as public?

·
68,968 Posts
I was one of the the first ones to respond! You must not have read very far! :D

I also posted a follow up regarding LEO access.

·
Premium Member
8,460 Posts
No it is not public to you and me nor is it availible to the media like some states have. It is totally private.

·
68,968 Posts
GS1, I know you have the statute citation available somewhere on here or at packing, because I saw you post it before.

·
Premium Member
8,460 Posts
It was 50-18-72
(d) This article shall not be applicable to any application submitted to or any permanent records maintained by a judge of the probate court pursuant to Code Section 16-11-129, relating to licenses to carry pistols or revolvers, or pursuant to any other requirement for maintaining records relative to the possession of firearms. This subsection shall not preclude law enforcement agencies from obtaining records relating to licensing and possession of firearms as provided by law.
http://www.legis.ga.gov/legis/GaCode/?t ... section=72

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys! I thought they weren't but just wanted to check.

ETA: MP you posted on the one thread of the three (all by the same OP)that I didn't see. :oops:

·
68,968 Posts
3? I thought the moderators over there ran a tight ship to keep that sort of thing from happening.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts