GFL and Colorado

Discussion in 'General GWL Questions' started by kaizer, Jun 15, 2007.

1. kaizer

kaizer New Member

Hey guys,

Looks like I might have to move to CO here shortly, and I have a question. I know that the GFL enjoys reciprocity in CO, but if I move there can I continue to use my GFL until it expires, or do I have to obtain a CO ccw since I will be a resident? Any help will be appreciated.

2. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Why would you not want to?

Wow, you move a lot.

Enjoy very, very few places being off limits.

3. kaizer

kaizer New Member

The reason that I would not want to is that in CO (according to my brother in law) you have to take a course, his ran him about $150 and then the license is around another $100. So basically, if my little $39 GFL can keep me legal then I am happy.

4. Mobster989

Mobster989 New Member

I'm stationed in Colorado and it all depends on where you are. One of the guys from my shop got a permit, it took like a month or so. Colorado is a very gun friendly state. And the cops there don't have a problem with armed citizens, except for maybe Boulder (which is liberal scum town) and Denver.

If you were ever in the military you can show them your DD Form 214 (within 3 years, 10 if you actually qualified with a pistol) to meet the training requirement. Or if you were ever in an organized shooting competition and have proof of that. I don't think there is a requirement that the course has to be in Colorado. Maybe you could get an instruction course before you go. I know the cost of living is a little bit higher in Colorado than in Georgia, so you might save some money that way.