GFL Address Issue?

Discussion in 'General GWL Questions' started by GunCrazed, Jun 14, 2007.

1. GunCrazed

GunCrazed New Member

If my license address and my GFL address differ... does that pose an issue?

I got my GFL in Polk County and my license in Woodstock

2. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Nope. Perfectly legal.

3. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

Many firearms dealers ask if your GFL has the correct address when you purchase a gun for the reason that there is nothing that makes you change the address on the GFL if you move.

4. GunCrazed

GunCrazed New Member

Awesome... cause I heard that if they differ some gun places make you wait for the background check.

5. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

It is possible, the BATFE have some dealers scared silly. However, by law you must update your Drivers license, there is no such provision for the GFL.

6. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

The "instant" one? Or the same system when they return the check as "conditional" and respond 72 hours or so later.

7. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

I had no problem with different addresses when I bought my last gun in April.

8. maggie

maggie New Member

Picture ID

I've been told by at least two different FFL's that the address on the 4473,
    and the Photo id must be the same. Also if the Photo id is less than 90 days old that you must provide additional proof of address, "utility bill etc" to prove that you have been here for more than 90 days. This prevents the mayor of NYC from coming to GA. getting a DL, buying mass #'s of handguns then returning to the streets of NYC.

9. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

Those are one and the same. You still have to fill out the Federal form but the GFL is used instead of the instant check (which if the instant check is not instantly processed, you have to wait 3 days)

10. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Oh ok.