Getting redirected

Discussion in 'Website & Forum Suggestions' started by Smilodon, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Smilodon

Smilodon Active Member

The last few days I have gotten redirected while reading the forum on my phone. I will be in the middle of a thread and all of a sudden I am looking at a scam or malware page.

Direct.mcpherren. com, www.gladmpath. xyz, countenancesmear. Club, m.delightpath. xyz, and unrejectableunwedging. Club are the pages it has taken me to.

It seems to have started after I followed a link to an article at www.captainsjournal.com in the portland aar thread. Is this something on my phone causing it or the website?

2. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

I have had no problems from the link cited and have heard of no other people with issues. But I will do what I can on this to let those who know more than I and hang out there know about the potential issue.

Nemo

Smilodon and Jonathan Freeman like this.

3. Jonathan Freeman

Jonathan Freeman Member

I’ve had the same problem. I had to shut my phone down , clear browser history. Seems to be fine now.

4. OWM

OWM Well-Known Member

I followed a link given earlier to a previous thread from 2016 on Giving up you id to the police. While in that old thread I followed a link to another GPO forum thread that took me to a building supply business. The link looked to have been hijacked.

5. a_springfield

a_springfield Well-Known Member

I keep getting the same I have been the 5 billionth search 10times And have anywhere from 20-150 viruses on my device

Smilodon and Jonathan Freeman like this.
  6. Smilodon

Smilodon Active Member

I'm not sure if it has happened while I am logged in, because most of the time I just see what's new without logging in.

7. Smilodon

Smilodon Active Member

Thanks. I don't know if it had anything to do with the other site. I just looked back through my browser history and that was the page listed immediately before the first occurrence. I'm also not intentionally clicking any links when it happens. I could have unintentionally clicked an advertisement while scrolling though.

8. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

captainsjournal.com has never been a problem site as far as I know. I used to read his blog daily for years until we had a difference of opinion. Never got any viruses or redirects from there. Occasionally drop in from a linked source with no issues.

9. zetor

zetor Gaston beat up John

I won some sort of billion searches made award.

10. awanatech

awanatech Well-Known Member

Congratulations!!! Does that come with a free Marriott stay? Or an extended warranty for your car?

11. zetor

zetor Gaston beat up John

Never checked into it, but Im sure it does. A.Springfield already pointed it out and I didn't see it.
    Only happens off wi-fi