Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to see if anyone here can clue me in in this. So my dad past recently and we were working on building a shovel head bobber before he got sick. I would love to finish it up. From what I have been told is I have to register the frame and the motor. Not worried about the motor but the frame I know he traded some tools to a guy he used to run with in his club days. Might be all good, might not. Anyone have any experience with this or getting a frame title with no information on it?

·
Yukon Cornelius
11,825 Posts
does it have a vin?? if it has a vin then you can have it inspected by a LEO iirc or if the vin is clean you could go thru vermont if its 17 years old then use that to get GA registration

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok cool. Do you happen to know how to look up the age of the frame? I know the motor is from the 80s but not much about the frame.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have put it in everything I could. Looks like its from 2004 so that's not going to work

·
Yukon Cornelius
11,825 Posts
not for a few more years...you can possibly see about getting a bonded title thru an insurance company

·
Registered
847 Posts
does it have a vin?? if it has a vin then you can have it inspected by a LEO iirc or if the vin is clean you could go thru vermont if its 17 years old then use that to get GA registration
Yes - that's what I've always read about people doing to get a normally "offroad only" motorcycle street-legal in GA. Or one that may not be "offroad only" and just never had a tag on it.

The best place to ask for specifics on this would be a motorcycle forum, instead of a gun forum, though. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.