Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, this may be pretty confusing, but here goes it:

I am currently a student here in Atl (senior). I was born in Philly and lived there until I came to college here. I hold a PA Driver's license.

Now, my parents are retired and I'm the youngest kid (22), so as soon as I left for school here 4 years ago, they up and moved to FL. They still have our place in PA, and spend about 90% of their time in FL and go up to PA once in a while to see family. Seeing that we have a place in FL, I have acquired a FL ID Card (Still have to keep my PA DL until I graduate for car insurance purposes).

Anyway, I have a FL CWP (they don't distinguish on the permit whether it's a resident or non-resident) and obviously I'm covered by it here in GA for now (as I don't hold a GA DL or ID); however, I am staying here after I graduate in May.

The way I understand it, if I am no longer a student and live here for more than 60 days, I need to get a GA DL. WIll this mean that, after I graduate and get a GA DL, I'll have to get a GWL in addition to my FL CWP?

Sorry for the long story and thanks in advance!

·
A Typical Cat
1,743 Posts
Confirmed, if you are a GA resident you must have a GA drivers license and a Georgia Weapons License. Georgia does not recognize out of state carry licenses for GA residents that do not also have a GWL.

I recently had to confirm all this when I moved back to GA from PA and found I could not carry legally in GA on my PA CCL even tho it was still valid in PA and all other reciprocal states.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts