georgians for gun safety

Discussion in 'GA Laws and Politics' started by DrGlock, Feb 13, 2007.

1. DrGlock

DrGlock New Member

I have seen the light!
    I have been to the edge and have peered into the gates of hell, otherwise known as Georgians for gun safety, and looked the devil in the eye.

From now on I will:

keep my gun unloaded at all times, and if a bad bad man breaks in I will politlely excuse myself and go and load my gun

If a bad bad fellow breaks into my house, I will not shoot him even if he has a gun. Instead, I have prepared a short but telling 50 question test which when interpreted by a psychologist will reveal the bad bad guys deepest motives for breaking in, and give him coping strategies for immediate reform.

Each night, I will bury all of my guns in the back yard, and then bury the ammunition in a seperate area to ensure safety.

I will only use my gun for self defense if I am hunting

blah blah blah (and all this from an educated man)

2. geaux_tigers

geaux_tigers Member

Might I suggest posting a lighted sign at each location clearly indicating what is buried for safety purposes.

3. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, me, too! :D The people at GCO are bad, bad, bad!

I am going to melt down all my guns and make a "peace" sculpture.

4. Mike from Philly

Mike from Philly New Member

I already did and I donated it to the UN .... here is a photo.

[​IMG]

Yes, its big. I had lots of guns before I came to my senses.

5. slabertooch

slabertooch New Member

Don't know about you, but that is appalling...

That revolver needs a serious coat of oil, and a new plating job. And whoever left that thing outside for some kid to get, should be shot.

6. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

I did a bit of snooping about GGS. Turns out that their site is owned by Atlanta Fulton County Commission On Children & Youth.

I guess they are "thinking of the children".

7. Malum Prohibitum

What? :shock:

Got a link for this?

8. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

9. wwomack

wwomack New Member

I just did a reverse phone number lookup on the registrant phone number and it is indeed Atlanta Fulton County Commission On Children & Youth.

10. geaux_tigers

geaux_tigers Member

Makes me wonder if someone who works there is just using that phone number as a point of contact for their own personal business.

Notice the domain on the email address; wonder if that's a violation of Georgia Tech's computing policy. :)

11. Taler

Taler New Member

Based on the WHOIS lookup, I wonder whether committee members and other legislators would find it interesting that the bureacracy is, essentially, lobbying.

From an ethical point of view, shouldn't that be stated?

12. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

Bah! you guys beat me to all of it.
    Gotta love WHOIS. Most people have no clue how much of their personal info is readily available if you register a website.

As a side note that # is also for some other children's group that is at the same address also except for the suite #. The WHOIS is a STE 1008 but the other group at the phone # is like 508 (I called & asked em :twisted: ). Of course they might have more than one suite. Either way it's still a childrens group.

I tried to find some info on the Atlanta Fulton County Commission On Children & Youth but couldn't come up with much of anything. Work site blockers again. :censored:

13. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

for s&g I looked up GPO. It looks good, some guy named Matt at a nice box # in Rome seems to own it.

Not sure what this wiztech thing that he can be contacted at is though... :) Apparently some kind of start up we do it all internet service company. Nice simply clean design for the site though.

Hey a, Matt, check your pm's when you get a sec. I have a question for ya.

14. Malum Prohibitum

Is this Fulton County Commission on Children and Youth a public entity? What is the connection to Georgia Tech, of all places?

What happened to the days when this was a school for engineers?

15. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Ah. my friend, we need to talk about Tor. :D

I'll send you a PM detailing how to circumvent your companies' censorship software after I get back from class. The best part is that they won't even know you are doing it.

Unless they are watching a specific port for traffic, which I HIGHLY doubt.

16. Wiley

Wiley New Member

17. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

It is mine,
    Correct,
    Thank you,
    Already answered

18. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

The name at the bottom of the website shows up as:
    The Fulton County Human Services Department