·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
337 Posts
Re: GeorgiGunOwners.org?

Interesting... never heard of them but their address is in Kennesaw - I may stop by on the way home from work.

Georgia Gun Owners
1635 Old 41 Hwy., Ste. 112-202
Kennesaw, Georgia 30152

·
Registered
126 Posts

Is it beneficial to have multiple "grassroots" organizations competing for the same end result?

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,889 Posts

I got the same e-mail with about 8 or 9 'donate' links in it.

Rumor has it that they are part or GOA.

I'm not a fan if GOA, they remind me too much of the NRA. I used to be on their mailing list, but never got an email saying "we did xxx!". The emails were always give us money, give use money, donate, support us with your contribution.

They want an internet petition, BFD. What have they done? What are the going to do, besides ask for cash and a petition?

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,889 Posts

Here's the text of the e-mail. It has 7 hyperlinks. 3 for signing their petition and 4 for donating money. Even the one that says 'join' take syou to their donate page.

November 9, 2010

Adam,

Intrusive government back ground checks. Finger print databases. Statist licensing schemes.

If you're a gun owner in Georgia who carries concealed or open, you are well aware of all the government rigamorle and barriers to carrying.

The trips to the court house. The waiting periods. The tax paid to government. The card you have to carry on you at all times.

Don't fool your self. That's all by design.

It's a design hatched and implemented by a big government gone wild. Yes, government is far too big right here in Georgia.

In fact, a friend in South Georgia even had to ride on a bus with inmates in order to get finger printed for his license!

That's why I hope you will join me and thousands of other Georgia patriots by joining the Georgia REAL Right-to-Carry Revolution TODAY!

Not only is Washington doing everything it can to destroy your right to carry, but if the gun controllers at the Georgia State Capital had their way, they would as well.

It's time to end this madness. It's time to get the government in Georgia out of the gun business.

Please sign the Georgia REAL Right-to-Carry petition TODAY!

If you believe like I do, that if you carry to defend your self, your family and your property, then there's no reason to have to jump through hoops to do so.

You see, defenders of liberty like you and me have had enough of this statist government control. That's what the government licensing system is in Georgia -- a control.

Adam, I know you've heard it before:

"The power to license is the power to take away."

The government-mandated Georgia Weapons Carry License is a big government check on your liberty.

If you want to end the mandatory government licensing system in order to carry in Georgia, please sign the Georgia REAL Right-to-Carry petition now.

And, if you could help out with $25, $15, $10 or whatever you can afford, you will help Georgia Gun Owners spread the word to gun rights activists across the state.

Criminals will always get firearms. They will never get a permit. They will never ask permission from anyone. They will terrorize with any weapon they can find.

A safe society will emerge when the law abiding hold the criminals accountable.

The government-imposed Georgia Weapons Carry License is nothing but a government database designed to catalog and track gun owners throughout the state.

The first step to a freer and safer Georgia is to pass the Georgia REAL Right-to-Carry Bill.

Please JOIN the Georgia REAL Right-to-Carry Revolution TODAY!

The gun controllers and compromisers at the State Capital are working fevirishly to stop firearms freedom in Georgia.

We have an historic opportunity to take some bit of liberty back from the government in Georgia that continues to take so much from us.

This will be a tough fight -- one we can win -- but ONLY with your help.

Yours in liberty,

Patrick Parsons
Executive Director

P.S. The statists at the State Capital have been in control of our gun rights for far too long. It's time for you and I to take our rights back.

Join the Georgia REAL Right-to-Carry Revolution today by clicking HERE and signing the REAL Right-to-Carry petition.

And, if you can, please chip in $25, $15, $10 or even $5 to help spread the word to other liberty-loving individuals across the state.

·
Registered
219 Posts

"Georgia Gun Owners is the ONLY no-compromise, no-sell out grassroots gun organization in the State of Georgia."

"Home of the Georgia REAL Right-to-Carry Revolution."

These statements are from their site. No names of leaders in the organization. I have looked up their corporate officers before but dont recognize the names.

Notice the "ONLY" and "REAL" words used? I dont think these were here before and am wondering why they would use such.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts

Huh?

Registrant:
Domains by Proxy, Inc.

DomainsByProxy.com
15111 N. Hayden Rd., Ste 160, PMB 353
Scottsdale, Arizona 85260
United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: GEORGIAGUNOWNERS.ORG
Created on: 20-Apr-10
Expires on: 20-Apr-11
Last Updated on: 20-Apr-10

Administrative Contact:
Private, Registration [email protected]
Domains by Proxy, Inc.
DomainsByProxy.com
United States
(480) 624-2599 Fax -- (480) 624-2598

Technical Contact:
Private, Registration [email protected]
Domains by Proxy, Inc.
DomainsByProxy.com
United States
(480) 624-2599 Fax -- (480) 624-2598

Domain servers in listed order:
NS47.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
NS48.DOMAINCONTROL.COM

Registry Status: CLIENT DELETE PROHIBITED
Registry Status: CLIENT RENEW PROHIBITED
Registry Status: CLIENT TRANSFER PROHIBITED
Registry Status: CLIENT UPDATE PROHIBITED

·
69,149 Posts

Adam5 said:
I am sure GOA would tell you if you called and asked.

Georgia Gun Owners is the ONLY no-compromise, no-sell out grassroots gun organization in the State of Georgia.
:D GSSA and GCO and the local Students for Concealed Carry on Campus chapters are all a bunch of compromising, sell-out losers!

·
Registered
4,447 Posts

The owner oif the site has paid a fee to not have his name listed as the original register. So a domain company is using their name to keep his identity private so they make a few bucks. Thats why it says Domainproxy

·
Registered
6,952 Posts

Be careful of those who hide behind fancy names... Remember, Alice would have you believe "Georgians for Gun Safety" is your friend.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts

Got the same email. If you click through to unsubscribe, they have a lot of personal information about you (although the address they had for me was about 3 out of date). How they got that, I don't know. My guess based on the language is somebody got butthurt about GCO and went to make their own little club.

·
Registered
15,974 Posts

I have nothing do do with this and don't really know anything about it even though my handle here sounds like I do.

I really don't like when this group floats to the surface here-and-there possibly giving readers the impression that I have something to do with them. I don't.

I've got a lot of posts so its a little too late to get a new handle.

:sly:

·
Registered
6,952 Posts

I searched around and traced a bunch of sites co-located on the server. There did not seem to be any tie-in to any other similar group, and nothing local to Georgia. It appears to be a straight godaddy protected server, operated by people who wish to not be known. THAT sets off bells in my head! :?

·
Registered
1,038 Posts

Yep. That's how I feel match10. That's why I posted the whois report.

I called the number. Some young sounding north Georgia guy answered on the voice mail. I'll keep calling in case I get through. I'm curious enough to ask some questions.

edit: the 501(c) is listed under PATRICK PARSONS, but we know that from Adam5's post.

·
NRA Certified Instructor
5,086 Posts

GGO has been around a very long time. They are not new. Even though they vanish from time to time they always manage to come back. The main body is the GOA and they keep trying to gain a foothold as local state orgs in about every state. They have no membership outside of the GOA and only collect donations. As far as I could ever tell the money is never spent on anything. Maybe it's all turned over to the GOA or something.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts

seajay said:
GGO has been around a very long time. They are not new. Even though they vanish from time to time they always manage to come back. The main body is the GOA and they keep trying to gain a foothold as local state orgs in about every state. They have no membership outside of the GOA and only collect donations. As far as I could ever tell the money is never spent on anything. Maybe it's all turned over to the GOA or something.
http://www.congress.org/congressorg/bio ... =2005-2006

$200 to John Linder in 05/06

·
Registered
1,038 Posts

Malum Prohibitum said:
Adam5 said:
I am sure GOA would tell you if you called and asked.
I spoke to Eddie Isler at GOA. After conferring with Larry Shoader about GGO they are not familiar with the group and are positive they are not affiliated with GOA.
:righton:

·
Registered
5,247 Posts

vr6glidriver said:
Interesting... never heard of them but their address is in Kennesaw - I may stop by on the way home from work.

Georgia Gun Owners
1635 Old 41 Hwy., Ste. 112-202
Kennesaw, Georgia 30152
They're in the Publix shopping center at the corner of Barrett Pkwy and Old Hwy 41, in the corner. The UPS Store is in Suite 112 and I presume the GGO mail box number is 202. :righton:

·
69,149 Posts
Deek said:
And an excerpt.
For far too long, establishment, statist, access-based gun lobbying organizations here in Georgia . . . have sold out gun owners and liberty lovers for political expediency and personal gain.
While I know of several persons in Georgia who have acted at personal cost, I would sure like to know who these organizations are here in Georgia that have sold out gun owners and liberty lovers for personal gain. If somebody talks to a real, live person, ask him to name names.

1 - 20 of 171 Posts