·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,250 Posts
I predict a change in the statute.

·
Ninjaneering Computers
2,619 Posts
I predict a change in the statute.
Yep. This is the one fight that I've never thought we should pick. This is the opponent that has the economic backing to change that statute in a big damn hurry.

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,250 Posts
Hopefully it will not be a return to the bad old days of the "public gathering" clause. But perhaps a very limited and narrowly focused prohibition on carrying at professional sports games.

·
Ninjaneering Computers
2,619 Posts
Hopefully it will not be a return to the bad old days of the "public gathering" clause. But perhaps a very limited and narrowly focused prohibition and carrying at professional sports games.
You can be guaranteed that there will be quite a few municipalities throwing their weight behind a total repeal of that statute state-wide. They're already simply trying to ignore the statute - give them half a chance to do away with it completely and they'll be all-in.

·
68,961 Posts
Are the lot of you suggesting that GCO back off of its forward march? The mission from the beginning has been focused on removing places off limits.

Now I see folks posting on GeorgiaPacking that this is a bridge too far? We should stick with ballgames as a place legally off limits? Back off?

·
Ninjaneering Computers
2,619 Posts
Are the lot of you suggesting that GCO back off of its forward march? The mission from the beginning has been focused on removing places off limits.

Now I see folks posting on GeorgiaPacking that this is a bridge too far? We should stick with ballgames as a place legally off limits? Back off?
Not at all. I just think that there are still plenty of lower-hanging fruits that can be picked without as much risk. This is a righteous task, but one that carries the very real possibility of knocking our cause back quite a ways. Pick the opponents that aren't going to be backed by a billion-dollar company (the NFL). I agree with the fight - I just worry about the outcome.

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,819 Posts
Either the Republicans "for the Second Amendment" in the Georgia General Assembly trust us vetted licensed carriers, or they don't.

This is where the rubber meets the road. Is it self-defense rights, or feel-good "gun-free" shoot-em-up zones?

Reactions: MRD and Baba Yaga

·
Professional Troll
2,151 Posts

·
Registered
3,592 Posts

Yes just like operation market garden too far too fast.

·
Registered
3,592 Posts

·
Swollen Member
11,936 Posts

Many gun owners allow themselves to be bullied by antis. They believe they are righteous and believe righteousness is all that is needed to prevail.

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,819 Posts
Exactly. I say we don't back down.

And we are VOTERS.

... and we stay home from voting if we are taken for granted or have ANY rights taken away.

Many gun owners allow themselves to be bullied by antis. They believe they are righteous and believe righteousness is all that is needed to prevail.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
I believe it's battle that needs fighting. I just hope we don't wake a sleeping giant that steps on us. I also hope we don't tear ourselves apart in the mean time.

Reactions: MRD

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Unless they kept an off duty officer from carrying, they'll be in compliance with the law due to it being a government building.

·
Professional Troll
2,151 Posts
Unless they kept an off duty officer from carrying, they'll be in compliance with the law due to it being a government building.
Is it a government building by definition of 16-11-127? Is a government entity housed there?

If not, then it is just a publicly owned and and operated building and not subject to the "opt out" clause by having POST certified officers there screening ingress for weapons.

Reactions: MRD

·
Swollen Member
11,936 Posts
Government buildings are not off limits unless they have active security screening. Carry at your local public library, fire station or civic center all you like.

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,819 Posts
It's not yet a government building.

And the statue does not need to be changed to be more restrictive against us.

They can do like every other major building and have a government board meet there once a year, like Philips Arena did.

Reactions: Baba Yaga
1 - 20 of 130 Posts