Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Deplorable bitter clinger.
5,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
An email from the GeorgiaCarry.org board of directors went out to all members on Jan. 3rd 2022, announcing that GeorgiaCarry was changing its name to Georgia 2nd Amendment. Here is a portion of the email.

"To help advance our cause in Georgia, we have decided to launch a re-branding campaign to coincide with the New Year.
Going forward, our organization will be called Georgia 2nd Amendment or GA2A for short. We will introduce a new logo and website and will eventually launch a new online store.
Even though we are changing our name and look, the leadership of this organization remains firmly planted. We will continue to be your voice at the Capitol, in the Courtroom, and around the state. Our values are steadfast, and we are more committed than ever in the fight to protect and expand our gun rights.
Tomorrow, we will announce our new name and unveil GA2A’s logo. Soon after, we will launch a new website and announce our legislative agenda for the 2022 Session."

Reactions: Adam5

·
Old, Slow, Boring Dude
2,570 Posts
As a life member, I'd like to hear the rational for the change. Just curious...

Reactions: Speevl

·
Señor Member
1,479 Posts
At first I thought this to be crazy, given the long history of success as Georgia Carry. After giving the
matter a bit more thought, my only conclusion is that the powers that be want to create a clear distinction between ourselves and GGO, whose poor reputation may be affecting our efforts.

·
Cross-drawer
7,416 Posts
I agree that GA2A is catchier and more easily recognizable as a 2A site than GCDO, but I don't know how I feel about the change.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
I agree that GA2A is catchier and more easily recognizable as a 2A site than GCDO, but I don't know how I feel about the change.
It has nothing to do with this site, gpdo. The 2 groups have no affiliation with each other.

·
Proud GCO member.
8,007 Posts
Below are the images that were just added to the official FB page.

The new webpage is:

And the statement from board member James Rankhorn:

"To help advance our cause in Georgia, we have decided to launch a re-branding campaign to coincide with the New Year.
Going forward, our organization will be called Georgia 2nd Amendment or GA2A for short. We will introduce a new logo and website and will eventually launch a new online store.
Even though we are changing our name and look, the leadership of this organization remains firmly planted. We will continue to be your voice at the Capitol, in the Courtroom, and around the state. Our values are steadfast, and we are more committed than ever in the fight to protect and expand our gun rights.
Tomorrow, we will announce our new name and unveil GA2A’s logo. Soon after, we will launch a new website and announce our legislative agenda for the 2022 Session. While no action is required from current members, we do hope you will share the news with fellow gun owners in your community.

As always, we will welcome your feedback and appreciate your strong support.

God Bless and Happy New Year!"

Sleeve Gesture Jersey Communication Device Font
Font Rectangle Electric blue Symbol Emblem

·
Old, Slow, Boring Dude
2,570 Posts
Good comment by James. I hope the change will bring in a new crop of members!

·
Member Georgia Carry
12,003 Posts
I hope the new members will be hungrier for just permitless carry, about to be new thing peddled by the "R" politicians.

·
Deplorable bitter clinger.
5,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
As a life member, I'd like to hear the rational for the change. Just curious...
The rebranding is designed to appeal to a broader group of gun owners. The perception has been that GeorgiaCarry only cared about gun owners who carry, and that has not been GCO's intent.

Reactions: TimBob

·
Registered
8,955 Posts
Funny, I thought that was the primary focus.
Agreed…but how much of the membership saw wins through bus stops, public gatherings, probate fixes, campus carry and thought “mission accomplished” or “that’s what I needed” and zoned out/lost interest/moved on?

·
GeePeeDoHolic
6,425 Posts
The old name had its purpose. Printing it in news stories attempting to be derogatory was free advertising; the name was the link to follow. Also, at the time, "carry" was the goal; it was hard to carry then. Now, the general attitude seems to be, "I can carry where I want. We're done."

My first thought was a new name will lose the successful legacy. I'd hate for the new name to be perceived as a new and different, inexperienced gun group. I hope there's an effort to carry forward the reputation with some side slogans, like "Amplifying the Power of GeorgiaCarry.Org" or somesuch.

Maybe "GA2A" will be less confused as the "place/table where you get your carry license". :)

Reactions: TimBob

·
Custom User Title
2,075 Posts
I welcome the change.
My experience when promoting Gerogiacarry, when meeting other gun owners for trades, buy or sell, is almost always the same. "I already have a cary permit". In few other cases: "I do not carry". Or "I use my firearms for hunting", etc.

·
Registered
8,955 Posts
Maybe "GA2A" will be less confused as the "place/table where you get your carry license". :)
My experience when promoting Gerogiacarry, when meeting other gun owners for trades, buy or sell, is almost always the same. "I already have a cary permit". In few other cases: "I do not carry". Or "I use my firearms for hunting", etc.
Exempting the “I just moved here from another state and want to join” crowd, these 2 represent 90% of the traffic at a given gun show table.

The other 10% tends to be “can I carry to xxxx” or, from another member, “hey man, that table over there has a nice deal on these!!!” 😁🤣😂

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
It will be interesting to see how the name is received in Catoosa and Walker counties. Around here, when you mention GA 2A or just 2A, nearly everyone thinks of Battlefield Parkway, the section of Georgia Highway 2 that runs between Ringgold and Ft. Oglethorpe. It was briefly known as Highway 2A in the 1940s when they were paving roads and shifting routes around.

The name 2A has stuck in the hive mind despite no maps or road signs reading 2A. There are plenty of businesses on the road that use 2A in their names or directions to their locations. Some people look at you funny if you correct the incorrect name.

·
Romans 10:13
4,672 Posts
Like most things in life change is inevitable. Generally speaking folks don't like change but I think this will be good for our cause. It will take some time to adjust but hopefully it will bring in more members.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts