Georgiacarry.org - Maps

Discussion in 'National Laws, Bills and Politics' started by Malum Prohibitum, Sep 26, 2006.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Please check out the handiwork of our very own JohnPeace, who has made the Map of other states more user friendly.

=D>

Go to:
    http://georgiacarry.org/
    and click on Prohibited Places.

The Map will change as you click on any of the links below it.

Anybody with insight into the laws of other states or the time to research other states please post their recommendations for changes to the map.

For instance, there is no law against school carry in Alabama, California, or Oregon.

Texas allows carry into church, but not into sporting events.

Please post perceived errors here.

2. johnpeace

johnpeace New Member

I followed Mike Menkus' lead and listed the states with no shal issue in black...limiting the comparison to the shall issue states.

I wish packing.org worked.

The map uses data files to change the colors of the states. Pretty slick. It does require the Flash plug-inn...which is more or less ubiquitous.

Let me know if you see any errors or notice anything that might change.

3. Malum Prohibitum

Schools - Wow, that map is rough. Bad trend for us. So many red states it makes my eyes hurt.

Other than California, are we missing any states that have no criminal law against carry in schools and thus should be green?

Maybe we should have two "school" maps: Public k-12 and other? Or, k-12 and adult education?

Many states, like Colorado, have k-12 off limits but not colleges, universities, and adult technical schools or even private schools like Georgia.

Thoughts?

4. Malum Prohibitum

It is back up.

For now.

5. kkennett

kkennett New Member

MP, I agree with the separate maps for schools k-12 and colleges. An adult at a CE class at night at a university is not the same as a grade school. Also, the map doesn't really tell the whole story, for instance with GA allowing carry to pick up and drop off children. The schools issue is probably not one that is easily captured in a simple graphic, unlike, for instance, restaurant carry.

6. Malum Prohibitum

In contrast to schools, the other areas are majority green. The map really highlights that Georiga is a restrictive state.

7. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

I think that info should be provided on the maps for the "may issue" states too. That way we can go, even Caifornia, New Jersey, etc. allow carry in places GA does not. This will show how restrictive GA really is.

8. Molon Labe

Molon Labe New Member

For a state with supposedly very liberal gun laws, there sure are a lot of places I can't carry :shock:

9. Malum Prohibitum

10. mswicord

mswicord New Member

Nice.....

Need to add a key for the colors.....what is black?

11. Malum Prohibitum

Depends. Illinois - black means no carry. It could also mean we do not know the answer (find it for us!). It could also mean that the answer is not strictly red or green, such as colleges in Louisiana, where students can have firearms in their dorm room but not in class.