GeorgiaCarry.Org – the Good Guys

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Adam5, Apr 4, 2007.

1. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

One of the employees at Bullseye in Cumming has been putting together a monthly newletter. He had graciously run an article on GCO in the latest edition which should be on their sales counter this weekend.

I would like to thank Taler for writing the article for us, and to MP and JRM for making their edits and giving their approval on behalf of GCO.

Below is the text of the article:

GeorgiaCarry.Org – the Good Guys

GeorgiaCarry.Org, during its first eight months of existence, has already become the eminent gun rights organization within the state of Georgia. A grass-roots group composed of the broadest of cross-sections, GCO is an inclusive group of concerned citizens who want to see our Second Amendment rights acknowledged in our home state. Our membership is comprised of men and women from (nearly) every socio-economic level.

What is the Goal?

Ultimately, a complete rewrite of Georgia’s gun-carrying laws. There is simply no reason that Georgians should live with as many restrictions on where we are welcomed while carrying a pistol. We are safe, responsible, vetted members of our communities and not the appropriate target for legislation restricting possession of guns…we’re the GOOD GUYS!

What we Want

Just like you, GCO members want to be able to move freely about our society, welcomed by the community as responsible men and women who happen to be armed. GCO members don’t brandish weapons, inflame tense situations, or incite anything. In short, GCO wants Georgia’s legislature and citizens to acknowledge our right to self-defense and to respect the freedom of possessing arms.

What we’ve Accomplished – Fighting the Fight, and the Rule of Law

The rule of law means that the law applies to government officials, too, not just to you!

GCO, on behalf of its members, has filed multiple lawsuits in both Federal and State courts. The purpose is to compel government officials to follow the Law, both state and federal. GCO has brought lawsuits to force courts to recognize that Georgia is a “Shall Issue†state, that the legislature prescribes carry in Georgia rather than individual towns or counties, and that information sought on GFL applications must conform to Federal privacy guidelines. We’ve seen Probate Courts bow to our suits, and have cases pending in Federal and State Appeals courts. No other group, regional or national, is doing more to protect your rights as Georgians than GCO.

Further, GCO actively fights for laws to prevent having your weapons illegally seized in the event of a Katrina-like event (as was the case in New Orleans), and to extend your right to carry a gun anywhere in your car. GCO is working hard to get the (racist rooted) public gathering laws repealed so that you can protect yourself the next time you dine out at a restaurant that happens to serve a glass of wine or bottle of beer. We’re even helping to protect the rights of shooting ranges, like Bullseye, so that your right to practice with your firearm is not infringed. And we’re just getting started!

On the local government level, GCO has successfully urged local governments to repeal gun bans, and has filed lawsuits against local governments that blatantly violate Georgia’s preemption law.

Are you interested in helping? Are you interested in Doing Something?

Then consider joining Georgia Carry. Our website, GeorgiaCarry.org, has the membership form available. Become a member of the fastest growing and most active gun rights organization in Georgia. Spend $15 for your membership, contribute a little time (if you have it), and make your voice heard. Believe in the difference GCO, with your help, can make in the issues that really matter to you as a Georgia gun owner.

2. Foul

Foul Guest

Very good write-up!
    I'm impressed. =D>

3. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

That's the truth!

4. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday New Member

Do I have permission to cut and paste this on other sites in hopes of attracting others to GCO?

Great write up by the way!

5. glockgirl

glockgirl Guest

Great work.... Very eloquently written

6. maddog

maddog Guest

Very nice write up ... sounds like excellent advertising

7. Taler

Taler New Member

Thanks for posting, Adam5, and thanks MP and JRM for the input to the write-up.

And thank all of you for your praise for the article. Much of the info and some of the text was provided by Mike From Philly.

I have no problem with the article being copied and distributed... if the lawyers agree.

Taler

8. GeorgiaGlocker

GeorgiaGlocker Romans 10:13

I am so proud to be a member of this great organization. :righton:

9. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired Active Member

I like it! I do see one little thing I think I would change.

I believe Invest may be a more apropriate term here.

10. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Cut and paste, print it out and distribute it, post it on all the telephone poles in town, give copies to the police who pull you over, as wedding shower gifts, birthdays, anniversary present for the wife . . .

11. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

I couldn't find any confirmation of the publishing of this article on the GCO web site...

12. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

Nice.
    If no one minds I'll likely remove the reference to Bullseye and post these up at the local ranges/gun shops along with the GCO, GPO flyers that I've already posted.

13. Taler

Taler New Member

I have no problem with removal of the reference to Bullseye. However, please don't make wholesale changes, as the overall content is justifiable and provable, and I wouldn't want any assertion or implication, that we couldn't justify or prove.

Taler

14. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

GS1 will put it up as soon as we have a pdf version.

15. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired Active Member

Is that a hint?