Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Weapons Law Booklet
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Hello again, GeorgiaPacking and GeorgiaCarry.Org members.
Our booklet on Georgia Weapons Laws is finally out. Delivery of the first stock has arrived at our administrative offices, with delivery to gun stores and sporting goods stores to begin this afternoon. Our initial marketing efforts have resulted in an over whelming positive response with almost 500 copies already sold. So we are very lucky to be off to a great start.

We feel confident you will find it an invaluable resource on the most current laws regarding weapons in Georgia. As you will see below it contains the most recent information including the new laws HB 60 and HB 826.

There are two easy methods for you to purchase the booklet.

One is to go to UrbanSurvivalCenter.net and purchase the booklet from the website.
We will receive your order within in minutes of your purchase and your booklet will be sent out the same day in most cases. Depending on where you are located you should have it within a couple days.

The other method is to take a look at the stores listed on the website that carry the GWL booklet.

There may be one very close to you making equally as easy to buy the booklet in quick and convenient way.
For your convenience will continually post an updated list of stores that carry the booklet here, but we cannot guarantee a store in your area will be stocking the booklet any time soon. So you may wish to buy it directly from the website.
Below you will find some information on the booklet. Based on your interest we hope that our fellow GeorgiaPacking.org members and visitors to this site might find this an excellent resource.

Georgia Weapons laws Booklet

More than 600,000 people in Georgia currently have a Georgia Weapons License. Nearly 5 million people in Georgia own a firearm. However, there has been no concise review of the Georgia Laws related to Weapons â€" until now.

• We have just published, “Georgia Weapons Laws: A Review of the Laws with a Layman’s Summaryâ€. In addition to concise coverage of the 58 Georgia Laws related to weapons â€" we discuss associated Federal Laws and selected Corps of Engineers Laws that affect weapons carry. Sections have been added on the newest laws (HB 60; HB 826) signed by our Governor in April, 2014. Our material is current.

• The booklet is 150 pages â€" spiral bound â€" and neatly laid out in optimal user-friendly style. A Rapid-Find Contents in the front expedites finding whatever Law you are looking for. Each law is followed by a Layperson's Summary in easy-to-read and understandable language. We decipher the legal jargon that you find in most laws.

Our booklet on Georgia Weapons Laws serves as an excellent resource for:
i) Those who have a carry license and wish to know more about the current laws (and wish to have a reference readily available);
ii) Individuals who work in firearms stores and/or gun ranges (to help answer the firearm law questions that are frequently asked);
iii) Law enforcement and security officers, as well as lawyers wishing to have a quick reference guide; and
iv) Any person who owns a firearm.

• For information to Order this Book â€" GO TO:
www.UrbanSurvivalCenter.net â€" Locations carrying this book are listed â€" or you can order on-line.

UrbanSurvivalCenter.net

·
Weapons Law Booklet
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited by Moderator)
pictures of book cover

Here are some pictures of the book's cover

This is the latest batch to come from the printer, and the first batch to be shipped in bulk to gun stores and survival/prep stores and sporting goods stores around Georgia. Notice the yellow star on the cover that announces that it covers the upcoming changes in our law that are due to HB 60 and HB 826 being signed into law.

·
Weapons Law Booklet
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pics of Contents

Here are some pictures of the contents as a sample for your viewing.

(It's still copyrighted-- all rights reserved).

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
:applause::righton:

Keep up the great work!

·
Weapons Law Booklet
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Book specs

Sunny, if you buy the book from the Urban Survival Center Website it's $25. plus shipping, and I think shipping is $4 extra.

If you buy the book from a retailer, and we are or will soon be talking to some in south central Georgia and in Albany, the retailer sets the point-of-sale price. They'll get bulk / quantity discount rate to buy it from us, and they can price it as they see fit.

I would expect most gun stores would price it around $25-$34.

The size is 8.5" tall, 5" wide, spiral bound, and about 3/8" thick, with 150 pages.
It's not quite pocket sized, but Georgia has a whole bunch of gun laws and for each of them we have that layperson's summary. There's also some coverage of federal laws and federal off-limits locations, an introduction to how the statutory law is reprinted, and a section suggesting which Code sections to read first for people not already familiar with Georgia's gun and weapons carry laws and want to start reading with the most important laws that are most likely to come up in real life situations.
This booklet should easily fit in your vehicle's glove compartment, your range bag, a pocket of any gear bag or backpack or bug-out bag, etc.

Here's the page on our website with info on the book, and where you can order it.

http://www.urbansurvivalcenter.net/#!book/c1bhd

·
Weapons Law Booklet
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Jeff

OK does it have all the case law referring to someone carrying without a holster or officers may not run the serial numbers of the firearm or take the firearm away for the GWL holder case law.

Just like to know before I might pick one up and is it pocket sized.
Jeff, we read many Georgia Court of Appeals and Georgia Supreme Court cases as we wrote this book and summarized the laws in a layperson's summary for each Code section.

But this book doesn't list very many cases. Only a few are cited by name. The others are not mentioned, but the main points of those cases were things we kept in mind as we annotated the Code sections and commented on them after reprinting them.

As Gunstar1 said, I don't think we have any Georgia caselaw on this RECENT (2010, I believe it was) change to our law that got rid of the holster requirement entirely. For many years, the law said you could only carry in a "shoulder or waist belt holster" (or a purse, briefcase, or with a hip-grip or similar device). Then we got that changed to approve of any holster, anywhere on your person.
Then we got rid of the holster requirement entirely, with the passage of SB308 in 2010.

Now if you wanted to find caselaw that applied the OLD LAW, back when there WAS a holster requirement, there are some such cases. There are also numerous cases that apply the old laws about how a person could or could not carry a gun in a vehicle-- what places a loaded gun could be, where it could not be, what type of container or compartment it had to be in, how visible and "fully exposed" it must be. Those are all based on laws that are now repealed. They have no relevance today.

·
68,510 Posts
Will there be an update or second edition after July 1st?
I know for a fact that there is an update section for HB 60 and HB 826 changes already included in the current version of the book.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Thank you MP for mentioning it has Updates on HB 60 and HB 826, and thank you Elevatorman we are glad you like it...
here are the locations that carry it as of this weekend or will have in stock no later than Tuesday....

SharpShooters USA Roswell
Johns Creek Indoor Range
Armistead Armory Alpharetta
Martins Coins and Firearms Alpharetta
Ga Firing Line Marietta/ North Cobb
Pannell's Firearms and Range Woodstock

·
Registered
74 Posts
I want to order more than one book but when I click on Buy It on the website it only allows me to order 1 book at a time (using Paypal). How can I order 2 books so I don't have to pay shipping twice?

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Ths list if growing quickly of locations where you can purchase the Georgia Weapons Laws booklet...

SharpShooters USA Roswell
Johns Creek Indoor Range
Armistead Armory Alpharetta
Martins Coins and Firearms Alpharetta
Ga Firing Line Marietta/ North Cobb
Pannell's Firearms and Range Woodstock
Hi-Caliper in Canton
Big Woods Goods in Canton
Forsyth County Pawn in Cumming

Please visit these businesses and purchase your copy of this vauluable resource.

1 - 20 of 110 Posts