Georgia special interest license plate

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by pro2am, Aug 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pro2am

pro2am New Member

Not really off-topic.

I was at the VCDL site and see that they are getting a specialty tag for their organization.

Wouldn't you like to see GCO and the logo on a license plate the next time you renew your tags?

Just a thought.

2. tace

tace New Member

Well, not really cause
    a) check my Avatar
    b) don't want to advertise when I am parking in the lot of an establishment that serves alcohol that I may have a gun in my car.

3. pro2am

pro2am New Member

a) your priorities are clearly mis-aligned
    b) good point.

(just kidding on "a") :lol:

4. VolGrad

VolGrad Tactical Statistician

+1 on being anonymous in my carrying of a weapon. I am already afraid my Ducks Unlimited sticker and lab head license plate will give me away. My "T" stickers just make me a target. LOL.

5. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

I don't really care all that much about being anonymous. Anyone who has seen my car can attest to that. First, if you already have a gun in your car at an off-limits places, you're no less guilty of a PG violation than someone who carries inside. So, you might as well do the latter. Second, how likely is it that a BG will know about the PG provision and really be smart enough to make the connection?

6. VolGrad

I am not worried about "being turned in" to the authorities for carrying in a PG. I am worried about someone seeing gun related stickers, plate brackets, etc. and breaking in my car to look for guns.

7. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired New Member

But your not worried about them seeing the "T" stickers on your car and breaking in looking for crack?

:rotfl2:

8. VolGrad

OUCH!!!

9. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

VOL, I was talking mainly about the bit about places that serve alcohol. And that's the only real reason most would leave it in their car, to which I offered that opinion as well.

10. VolGrad

I hear you. I meant no disrespect with my comments. I just don't want to get robbed and don't want my guns on the street.

11. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

While both of these actions are equally illegal a police officer is likely to arrest you for carrying inside but unlikely to arrest you for leaving your gun in your car even if they knew (most probably don't even know it is illegal to leave the gun in your car).

12. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Concealed is concealed.

13. VolGrad

I never knew this until I started reading this board. Also never knew I couldn't carry to a restaurant which sold alcohol. I should have known that, but it just never registered. Good news is this....if I didn't know that, most others wouldn't know it either. Whew!

14. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

So, does anybody have any thoughts on this? :lol:

Seriously, you need a thousand lined up to buy it.

15. VolGrad

You either have to have 1,000 pre-paid applications -OR- be willing to pay the fee for said 1,000 applications. This would cover the cost to manufacture the plates. This is what occurred with the Univ. of Florida plate which was recently accepted. They didn't have quite enough applications in so the alumni group or some wealthy person (can't remember which) ponied up the rest so the plate would pass.

I have mixed feelings on it. Even if the legislature would approve it, we would be hard pressed to get that many applications in. I would do it if my application was the last one needed to get it passed, but otherwise might be hesitant. I am just concerned about someone seeing the plate and deciding my vehicle was a potential target to get a "free" gun (or two).

Just my two cents. Yes, I realize they are worth about as much as confederate money.

16. VolGrad

Now, if everyone wants to band together to finally get a University of Tennessee plate passed in Georgia....I will volunteer head up the effort.

:lol:

17. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired New Member

And of course we are do not qualify at this time. We have to get our 401(C)3 status first...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.