Georgiapacking.org banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Georgia Range and Gun offers an annual group membership for $100 with 5 or more people. This plan is for unlimited use. The individual plan cost $199 for unlimited use. Are there four or people here interested in taking advantage of the is group rate? If interested, please PM me. I shot there for the first time today, and the range and equipment was in decent shape. A little on the hot side, but I was able to manage. IMHO, GRG is the best choice if you are in the SE metro area, and don't want to make the drive to CE or join SRG club. With one hour of range time and target costing $12.31, the membership fee will pay for itself after a three months.

Contact Info:
Georgia Range and Gun
285 Lake Mirror Rd • Forest Park, GA 30297
404-366-7861 • 404-366-8024 (fax)
http://www.rangeandguns.com

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So far one person has shown interest. We just need three more to enjoy the group rate. The $100 annual rate includes unlimited range time on the pistol and rifle range. If I can show ten or more ppl interested, I'm ask for a special one-time rate.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
I already have a modified pistol membership. Will they let you include me as one of the five if I pay the difference to upgrade to a standard pistol membership?

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
latter_day_hippie said:
I already have a modified pistol membership. Will they let you include me as one of the five if I pay the difference to upgrade to a standard pistol membership?
I'll check for you tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just received another PM. We now just need two more to sign on for the group rate. Remember, this is for unlimited range time for pistol and rifle. Targets are not included. If you haven't been there, they are located just off 75 south of the perimeter near the Ga Farmer's Market. It's an easy drive from South Fulton, Dekalb, Clayton, and Henry county.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
latter_day_hippie said:
They don't allow any upgrades to group plans. The start and end dates will not sync up. Sorry.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just received another PM. All we need is one more to sign up for the group rate. This plans is good for 12 months. This is great opportunity to meet and greet GCO/GPDO members south of ATL, and help build a local coalition to work gunshows at the Farmers Market. :wink:

·
Registered
671 Posts
Tace and I are both members there. My membership is good until January and I think Tace renewed a few months ago. I usually shoot early mornings on Saturdays or around noon on Sundays. I haven't been going as much as I used to since my daughter was born. The guys that work the range are very friendly once you get to know them.

One good benefit to membership is you jump to the front of the line for a lane. This place can get crowded on weekend afternoons but I generally stay away when it is crowded.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I was there last week. It's getting busier. I was talking to the guys there and they said they were going to start selling mopeds. So I'm sure the place is going to get even more crowded in the future.

I'm fortunate enough to be able to go during the week. Never have had any problems going early on Wednesday. Wouldn't want to be there on a Saturday/Sunday tho.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
This counts as unlimited rifle/pistol? If so, that is a great deal, their normal unlimited plan is 199 pistol + 50 to add unlimited rifle.

I am in if this covers full rifle/pistol unlimited.

Another thing to note: If you go in and people are waiting on lanes, and you are a member, you go to the head of the pack, and you can spend as much time as you want on the lanes as a member, even if others are waiting to shoot. The staff is also really cool, a bit standoffish at first, but once you go a few times they really are helpful and knowledgable.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
elorei said:
This counts as unlimited rifle/pistol? If so, that is a great deal, their normal unlimited plan is 199 pistol + 50 to add unlimited rifle.

Another thing to note: If you go in and people are waiting on lanes, and you are a member, you go to the head of the pack, and you can spend as much time as you want on the lanes as a member, even if others are waiting to shoot. The staff is also really cool, a bit standoffish at first, but once you go a few times they really are helpful and knowledgable.
It does cover pistol and rifle. So can we count you in?

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
triggerman357 said:
elorei said:

It does cover pistol and rifle. So can we count you in?
Definitely. I will have trouble meeting you guys there on most work days, as my office is in Lawrenceville, but if I know ahead of time, I can knock off of work early. I can be there any time Sunday, Wednesday, or Saturday after 4pm; I live literally 5 minutes from the place.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
elorei said:
BaxterTheBunny said:
We can go individually can't we?
No idea, I figured they rang it up as a one time purchase, but I have never done it before, so I have no clue.
I think he was asking if all 5 of you have to go to the range at the same time....

·
Like a Boss
3,034 Posts
It sounds like we can go pick up our cards whenever we want but the money all has to be paid at once? I'm good pretty much any weekday after 7 or weekends except for Saturday afternoons.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
adavid02 said:
elorei said:
BaxterTheBunny said:
We can go individually can't we?
No idea, I figured they rang it up as a one time purchase, but I have never done it before, so I have no clue.
I think he was asking if all 5 of you have to go to the range at the same time....
Oh....no. I meant to make the group purchase. I see how my post was misleading.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
We now have the min five names to get to group rate. There is still room for more if anybody else is interested. The membership fees has to paid as an one-time transaction to qualify for the group rate. I want to make payment of fees sometime this weekend. We can go as a group to fill out paperwork, or individually after the group fees have been paid. My plans for this weekend are a bit sketchy, but I will have time to get there. If anybody can't make this weekend, pm me so we can make arraignments have your funds available. I'll have further info in the morning. Thanks to all for participating. I hope we have a great year of shooting

1 - 20 of 67 Posts