Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

Which Candidate will you pick for Governor

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was curious as to how the election would go if we were the only ones voting. If your choice is not on the ballot feel free to vote other and write in.

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,888 Posts
Keep in mind that some of the judge-ships and legislative positions with be more likely to effect your daily life than the Governor.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok who voted for Barnes? :lol:

·
Old, Slow, Boring Dude
2,491 Posts
zeebo said:
ok who voted for Barnes? :lol:
I'm more interested in who the write-in was....

·
Swollen Member
11,937 Posts
I'm voting Monds on Tues. If there's a run-off between Barnes and Deal, I'm voting Barnes.

·
Banned
7,204 Posts
I'm voting Monds, if there's a run-off, y'all have at it. I can't vote for Deal in good conscious.

·
I'm kind of a big deal
5,243 Posts
Monds.

·
Registered
15,974 Posts
Anyone not going to vote at all for governor?

That should have been an option too.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Aside from Deal's ability to win and the R next to his name, is there anyone voting for Deal because they believe he's the best candidate?

·
69,131 Posts
This poll just shows how unlike the general population the small number of users of this forum are (not that this is a bad thing). The danger is when people spend so much time here that they forget the rest of the world thinks differently about issues like the right to bear arms.

·
Premium Member
5,239 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
This poll just shows how unlike the general population the small number of users of this forum are (not that this is a bad thing). The danger is when people spend so much time here that they forget the rest of the world thinks differently about issues like the right to bear arms.
I only spend so much time on here because people are much more civil here than they are on other sites, conservative and liberal alike.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Mrs_Esterhouse said:
I'm voting Monds on Tues. If there's a run-off between Barnes and Deal, I'm voting Barnes.
I'm voting Monds on Tues. If there's a run-off between Barnes and Deal, I'm NOT voting Barnes. I don't know yet if that means I'm voting Deal or just staying home.

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
RecoveringYankee said:
I'm voting Monds on Tues. If there's a run-off between Barnes and Deal, I'm NOT voting Barnes. I don't know yet if that means I'm voting Deal or just staying home.
Same here

·
Premium Member
5,239 Posts
Oh, I am also voting for Monds and if there's a runoff between Deal and Barnes, I honestly think the voters of Georgia should slap itself in the face for letting our 2 choices come down to these two clowns. Hell, we should've been slapping ourselves when it come down to Handel and Deal. Really? Out of all the Republican candidates narrowed it down to these two??

I am reminded of Douglas Adams:

"I come in peace," it said, adding after a long moment of further grinding, "take me to your Lizard."

Ford Prefect, of course, had an explanation for this, as he sat with Arthur and watched the nonstop frenetic news reports on television, none of which had anything to say other than to record that the thing had done this amount of damage which was valued at that amount of billions of pounds and had killed this totally other number of people, and then say it again, because the robot was doing nothing more than standing there, swaying very slightly, and emitting short incomprehensible error messages.

"It comes from a very ancient democracy, you see..."

"You mean, it comes from a world of lizards?"

"No," said Ford, who by this time was a little more rational and coherent than he had been, having finally had the coffee forced down him, "nothing so simple. Nothing anything like to straightforward. On its world, the people are people. The leaders are lizards. The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."

"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."

"I did," said ford. "It is."

"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"

"It honestly doesn't occur to them," said Ford. "They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates to the government they want."

"You mean they actually vote for the lizards?"

"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."

"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"

"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard," said Ford, "the wrong lizard might get in. Got any gin?"

"What?"

"I said," said Ford, with an increasing air of urgency creeping into his voice, "have you got any gin?"

"I'll look. Tell me about the lizards."

Ford shrugged again.

"Some people say that the lizards are the best thing that ever happened to them," he said. "They're completely wrong of course, completely and utterly wrong, but someone's got to say it."

1 - 20 of 50 Posts