Georgia Nations Rodeo

Discussion in 'Places Off-Limits' started by Marine6212, Feb 23, 2018.

1. Marine6212

Marine6212 Active Member

Got tickets to Rodeo at the perry Fair Grounds for Saturday night 24 February. Any one go Friday night and was wondering if they were screening or wanding?

Thanks,
    Marine6212

2. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

That building is considered a "government building", and if they screen (most likely they will), it will then be off-limits. You can always get close enough to look, and go back to your car to put up your gun if they are screening.

3. Marine6212

Marine6212 Active Member

Went to a concert last year at that bldg. and they weren't screening during the concert.

Hopefully they are not screening for the rodeo!

Phil1979 likes this.
  4. Phil1979

If they don't screen, try carrying there openly (if you do OC) and let us know how it went. Hopefully there would be no issues.

5. Marine6212

Marine6212 Active Member

I'l Let everyone know tonight!

6. Marine6212

Marine6212 Active Member

At the rodeo, only 1 deputy sheriff standing at the door we came thru! No wanding or screening! I carried concealed.

Phil1979 likes this.
  7. Phil1979

Before leaving, ask him if carry there is ok.

8. Marine6212

Marine6212 Active Member

If I see a deputy I will!

9. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

I went to this one last night. A good time was had by all.

Alien Gear on Springfield Ultra Compact. Non-issue even though tickets prohibited weapons.

Note, Va is same as Ga on the must be asked to leave and in don't = trespassing.

Nemo

http://aprarodeo.com/event/lexington-va/

10. Marine6212

Marine6212 Active Member

Since Reeves arena is a Government building, if you make it inside without screening can they ask you to leave with the threat of criminal trespassing?

11. Circuits

Circuits Member

Well, they could always ask you, but the law requires that screening be done at the ingress.

12. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Probably exactly what they would do. Your refusal to leave would mean your arrest and trip to jail. Hopefully you can arrange bond on a weekend.

Then your attorneys and the prosecutor can argue to the judge whether the criminal trespass law is separate and apart from 16-11-127 and can be prosecuted separate and apart from 16-11-127. Of course, real life is never as clean as the hypotheticals we discuss here in threads, so the government would be arguing that you were told to leave for reasons unrelated to your gun.

Remember the Atlanta Botanical Gardens case? Ever listen the the 911 tape and the bizarre fantastic claims the caller made about our own member here?

Don't forget, the prosecuting attorneys will do anything to win. This is not about justice and getting a ruling on the issue you are asking about. It is about convicting you of something, anything, at all costs. Prosecutors do not get rated on their job performance based upon fairness and justice for criminal defendants, after all.

Anyway, even if the issue you want address gets addressed, it then takes a trip up to the Georgia Court of Appeals, and then, several years from now (about 4) we will find out the answer to your question.