Georgia Immigrants Sue to Stop Enforcement of Fed Immig. Law

Discussion in 'Off-topic Political' started by EJR914, Oct 16, 2010.

1. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

http://www.ajc.com/news/lawsuit-challen ... 83035.html

2. mark5019

mark5019 what me worry?

heaven forbid we should follow the law and kick out these law breakers!
    whats next arrest bank robbers.

3. ICP_Juggalo

ICP_Juggalo Professional Troll

:screwy:

and this little gem...

:roll: If this SOB of a scumbag lawyer doesn't know what a criminal is, then his ass needs to be barred from practicing law in this country.

4. Fallschirmjäger

Fallschirmjäger I watch the watchers

Some 'splain to me about this whole "tearing apart families" thing. I can see it if say, one person is deported and the other is prevented from leaving the country, but as far as I know there's nothing at all prohibiting the entire family from staying together
    ... wherever they ILLEGALLY Emigrated From.

5. Hughduffel

Hughduffel Member

It sounds like they're immigrants who are in the country legally, how do they have standing to sue?

6. GFLinTX

GFLinTX New Member

So even if we bought into that "a national border is just a line and we should all be citizens of the WORLD!" philosophy, thereby ignoring the fact that these people broke the law even coming to this country, they would STILL be criminals. And they're upset that we're enforcing the law on their sorry butts? Wow.

It reminds me of Obama's illegal immigrant aunt, Zeituni Onyango. She overstayed her visa and has lived in public housing and received welfare for the last six years or so. Yep, living off welfare as an illegal immigrant. She hasn't worked a day since she's been here (nor has she received any financial support form Mr Lets-Spread-The-Wealth-Around, but that's a different topic). Anyways, Onyango did an interview recently in which she complained that the system took advantage of her and she didn't ask for any of the free stuff she'd received, including a house (not realizing, apparently, that as an illegal she doesn't even exist in said system and would HAVE to apply for benefits). She also said that, "If I come as an immigrant, you have the obligation to make me a citizen."

Uh...EXCUSE ME?!?! Unbelievable. This is definitely one of the most infuriating political comments I've EVER seen.

Hopefully we can deport both her and her nephew together in 2012. Good riddance.

7. GFLinTX

GFLinTX New Member

8. Hack Causality

Hack Causality New Member

It seems logically to me that someone who enters a country illegally is by definition an invader and thus has no rights whatsoever, human, civil, or otherwise.

9. AzB

AzB Well-Known Member

I know we can't sue them. I tried to sue the guy that ran into the back of my car at a red light and destroyed it. He had no license, no insurance, and gave me and the cops two different names that were both false. But I can't sue him in a US court because he's not a citizen. (not to mention nobody can find him because all his info was false)

So how the heck can they sue us?

Az

10. RIA45

RIA45 New Member

This ranks up there with the burgler sueing the home owner over a slip/trip/fall in their kitchen.

11. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

You can use people who are not U.S. citizens, for bad things that they did here personally. When they choose to visit the United States and the State of Georgia, they are subjecting themselves to the jurisdiciton of our courts and our legal system.
    (But if you can't find them now, that's a different issue. Regarless of what the law says, as a practical matter they may be able to flee justice by leaving the U.S. and staying away from here until they get a new false identity).

By the way, I think the only "duty of care" owed to burglars is to NOT trap them with a hidden trap or dangerous condition intended to harm them that you knew about and they did not. It's not about a negligence tort. Those should not apply. Only intentional torts (trying to hurt the intruder) can get you sued. And the main rule about hurting burglars is to do it PERSONALLY, face to face, not by the use of a trap, tripwire device, or some remote-activated machine.
    That way you can say that YOU felt threatened, and YOU considered your options, and YOU decided to exercise your rights under the castle doctrine and repel the invader from your castle with force.
    A machine can't think, and therefore cannot make the judgments necessary to use deadly force on its own, even if you could have done so if you were there yourself.

12. groats

groats New Member

Can anybody name for me another country where I can walk in, collect welfare, get free medical care, and then sue for damages when they try to enforce their laws? Name one, I might just go there!

Are we the only patsy in the world?

13. Hack Causality

Hack Causality New Member

Most every other Western nation. :puke: