Georgia Guard?

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by M249, Oct 1, 2007.

1. M249

M249 New Member

PM me in you're in the GA Guard, got some Qs.

2. VolGrad

VolGrad Tactical Statistician

Post it public - more might be interested too.

3. M249

M249 New Member

It concerns deployment information which should not be made public. ;)

4. VolGrad

Gotcha. I was not thinking National Guard. I was thinking of that other thing - can't remember what it is called at the moment - which has been referenced on the forum. Something not exactly military but gives some exemptions WRT firearms carry. Someone help me out with the name?

5. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

GSDF?

GA State (?) Defense Force

6. VolGrad

That's it. Thanks.

Georgia State Defense Force

7. M249

M249 New Member

The GSDF is part of the GA DOD, so I believe it would qualify for the military exemption.

:ianal:

8. Thorsen

Thorsen New Member

Except the GSDF has clear standing orders that no member is to carry a firearm at any time while in uniform, and if they have to do so because of their primary duty (such as acting in a police officer capacity, for example) then they must remove all identifying marks from their uniform before putting on a firearm.

I'm not exactly too clear on what they could do to you legally, but I would venture to guess that a blatant violation of this standing order could result in at least being stripped of your position within the GSDF. They may have additional penalties that could be imposed, but I am not familiar enough with this organization to say for sure.

9. VolGrad

249 - I didn't intend to hijack your thread. I simply thought this was the org you were asking about. I had heard of them but didn't really know what they did or if anyone here was a member.

10. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

GSDF appears to qualify for the exemption even though orders do not allow guns in uniform. The GSDF is part of the military of the State of Georgia, just not the U.S. military. The GSDF is the true state militia, not the GA Nat. Guard. They are our state's personal military, beyond the control of fedgov. At this time the powers that be have elected not to have an armed force, however, the state has granted this authority in the law.

The GSDF order not to carry weapons has nothing to do with the carry laws and the exemption.

If you violate a GSDF order you are subject to the GA Uniform Code of Military Justice. It is in Chapter 38 of the GA Code.

Judges are exempt from the law too and they have no firearms training, they have no duty to carry a gun, and in some courthouses may not even be permitted to carry. Again, on duty action has nothing to do with the exemption.

11. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

For the record there are other state's who have armed defense forces or equivalents.