Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
9,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. Barns - Nothing on Website - http://www.roy2010.com/index.php

2. Deal -
SECOND AMENDMENT RIGHTS
Endorsed by the NRA and GeorgiaCarry.org, Nathan Deal has battled liberals in Washington to protect Georgia gunowners' right to bear arms. These rights are guaranteed by the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. Nathan is proud to have a lifetime A-rating from the National Rifle Association (NRA).
As an active sportsman and fisherman, Nathan has a strong interest in this issue and will work as your next governor to protect your rights. As Democrats in Washington continue their efforts to erode the freedoms of the people to own and carry arms, Georgia needs a governor with the strength and conviction to stand up to their efforts. Nathan will ensure the rights of Georgians are protected.
Nothing about Self Defense!

http://www.dealforgovernor.com/v-2ndamend.php

3. Monds -
2nd Amendment
As a Libertarian, I am an ardent supporter of the rights of an individual, and I believe that federal and state governments have no business limiting the rights of law-abiding citizens who wish to possess fully functional firearms. The Second Amendment was not aimed at protecting sportsmen’s rights to hunt, but rather the people’s rights to protect themselves.

In my view, the Heller vs. DC ruling was not perfect, but it was a step in the right direction for individuals that own guns.

As Governor of Georgia, I will veto any legislation that would prohibit, prevent, or impede Georgians from protecting themselves, their families or their property.

I will also advocate for the rights of individuals to carry in more places where they deem it necessary.
All about self defense!

http://www.votemonds.com/issues/2nd-amendment/
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,936 Posts
Didn't Monds give us some really weird responses at the GCO Political Meet and Greet a year back?
 

·
Atlanta Overwatch
Joined
·
13,864 Posts
Montieth said:
Didn't Monds give us some really weird responses at the GCO Political Meet and Greet a year back?
I remember something weird, but can remember exactly what it was.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
277 Posts
Adam5 said:
Montieth said:
Didn't Monds give us some really weird responses at the GCO Political Meet and Greet a year back?
I remember something weird, but can remember exactly what it was.
You've piqued my curiosity. Anyone know?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,226 Posts
I do not remember anything wishy-washy about Monds' response at the event referenced. Austin Scott definitely stood out as he did not agree with GCO and believed in (his words) "reasonable" restrictions on second amendment liberties. As far as I know Monds has always held that the second amendment is clear and concise and that it codifies a natural right to self-defense as well as as a final bulwark against tyrannical rule. I can recall no occasion on which I have heard the man speak wherein he was in any way, shape or form acceptable to limiting the liberties of law abiding citizenry and I have heard the man speak on probably a dozen occasions now, including the event referenced.
 

·
Atlanta Overwatch
Joined
·
13,864 Posts
Thorsen said:
I do not remember anything wishy-washy about Monds' response at the event referenced. Austin Scott definitely stood out as he did not agree with GCO and believed in (his words) "reasonable" restrictions on second amendment liberties. As far as I know Monds has always held that the second amendment is clear and concise and that it codifies a natural right to self-defense as well as as a final bulwark against tyrannical rule. I can recall no occasion on which I have heard the man speak wherein he was in any way, shape or form acceptable to limiting the liberties of law abiding citizenry and I have heard the man speak on probably a dozen occasions now, including the event referenced.
You are probably right, Thorsen. I must be confusing candidates.
 

·
Die Hard GCO Recruiter
Joined
·
6,763 Posts
I'm voting for Deal tomorrow.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
210 Posts
Deal got my vote on Friday. Had a choice of two crooks hope I picked the best crook. LOL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,226 Posts
freeman101 said:
Deal got my vote on Friday. Had a choice of two crooks hope I picked the best crook. LOL
I beg to differ. You had the choice of two career politicians with serious "ethical" issues in their past, or you could have chosen a man who is not a career politician with none of the same self-serving "ethical" issues in his past. I suspect you chose to vote strategically instead of following your convictions. And at the risk of making you angry, that is why we as a nation and a state are in the situation we are in today; because people do not vote their convictions but vote for the lesser evil among the two main parties.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
210 Posts
Thorsen said:
freeman101 said:
Deal got my vote on Friday. Had a choice of two crooks hope I picked the best crook. LOL
I beg to differ. You had the choice of two career politicians with serious "ethical" issues in their past, or you could have chosen a man who is not a career politician with none of the same self-serving "ethical" issues in his past. I suspect you chose to vote strategically instead of following your convictions. And at the risk of making you angry, that is why we as a nation and a state are in the situation we are in today; because people do not vote their convictions but vote for the lesser evil among the two main parties.
AV8R said:
freeman101 said:
Deal got my vote on Friday. Had a choice of two crooks hope I picked the best crook. LOL
Now THAT is what I call throwing away a vote.
i agree with both!!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
9,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My feelings were that the candidates in general need to understand the The People have spoken. WTP appear to be giving the Reps another chance to work for The People. I say if that doesn't work then They better vote as needed to return our country. I voted for Reps for US offices and Libs for state offices. I am ready for the correct change but it will be slow!
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top