Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone go to the Super Cross this weekend, and carry? We are heading to the Dome for the Monster Trucks next weekend, and trying to figure out if it's worth carrying IWB, ankle carry, or just take a chance on getting mugged go to or return home. I have been in 5 years, and didn't have any trouble then.

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,905 Posts
Large metal belt buckle, malum prohibitum item secured nearby underneath, a shrug, and an innocent look on your face should get you waved in even if you beep the metal detectors.

Chances are, there probably won't even be metal detectors.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Of all the times I've been to the Supercross, I've never encountered any kind of screening. I did not go this year, however.

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,534 Posts
Monster Jam did make people empty their pockets and wanded people down with handheld metal detector wands.

I'm here now!

Unarmed. :(

Not that I feel I need my pistol HERE, but it's the walk to the car two blocks away afterward ...

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,534 Posts
Intermission.

Attachments

·
Man of Myth and Legend
15,172 Posts
Lets us know that you are not in the culled part of the herd when it leaves. If you do not reappear we will presume you were.

Nemo

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Monster Jam did make people empty their pockets and wanded people down with handheld metal detector wands.

I'm here now!

Unarmed. :(

Not that I feel I need my pistol HERE, but it's the walk to the car two blocks away afterward ...
Yea I have been chatting with a friend that's there tonight. She said they had the wands, but didn't describe to what extent they were checking. Did they take the wand down to the knees, or did they go below? I was considering my G43 in an ankle holster. I'm with you you on the walk back. I'm not real concerned about the show, but the walk to and from is the issue. Also not crazy about leaving it locked away in my vehicle.

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,905 Posts
Did they wand front and back, and down to ankles? What about folks with belts and belt buckles with metal in them? Did they have to take them off?

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Did they wand front and back, and down to ankles? What about folks with belts and belt buckles with metal in them? Did they have to take them off?
I would like to know that myself. I would be willing to ankle carry. Without knowing, I don't care to take that chance. This is my kids first time going, and would hate to ruin it for them having to deal with Dome people, and APD. I'm not so much worried about while I'm in there, but it's the walk back to our car at 6pm that you worry about. Also not crazy about leaving it in a vehicle.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.