Georgia Department of Driver Services Newnan

Discussion in 'Places Off-Limits' started by Malum Prohibitum, Dec 10, 2019.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Anybody been to the Georgia Department of Driver Services in Newnan? I have a 16 year old with an appointment to test today. Do they have ingress restricted or screened by security personnel at this location?

2. awanatech

awanatech Well-Known Member

Sorry that I can't help about the Newnan DDS. I'm know it's a little late for his test anyway. I was in the Fayetteville DDS office today. There was no screening, nor metal detectors, nor anything else to discourage carrying inside. I had come straight from work on the way to a doctor appointment, so I was not openly carrying at the time, but I don't think it would've been a problem if I had been.

3. awanatech

awanatech Well-Known Member

How's the test go for him today? Do we have a new driver on the road now?

4. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

A few years ago I was at a DDS office in, I believe, Fayette County, and they had a security guard there, just sitting on a chair in the lobby. I don't consider that "screening." No metal detectors, no patting down, no looking into bags or purses. Just a security guy eyeballing the crowd.

5. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

He probably would have barked at you to "not bring that thing in here!", if you were carrying openly.

6. OWM

OWM Well-Known Member

Open carry Statesboro office last month. No issue. Best of wishes on your auto insurance rate!

7. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

:rotfl:

8. Malum Prohibitum

He passed. No screening at all.

As to the insurance, yeah, it looks like over $100 monthly . . . we're going to have him pay it, though, the same as my parents did for me.

Savannah Dan, hma153 and phantoms like this.
  9. OWM

OWM Well-Known Member

I see you have inherited the wisdom of your parents.

10. jsaund22

jsaund22 Ninjaneering Computers

No worries at the DDS in Statesboro today. I was in there twice trying to take my CDL test. First time the computers were down, so I called the only number available (which rings in Atlanta) and they told me that the testing computers were back up. So I went back, and they were still down.

Gotta love the gooberment.

11. atlsrt44

atlsrt44 Well-Known Member

My advice for a new driver is pull the fuse for the radio. At least 3 months so he knows what the car should sound like and can spot when something isnt right.

MSgt G and MaricopaKid like this.
  12. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

Can't help you with the Newnan DDS but the one in Rome has no guards, sentries, gun towers, moats or rabid dogs. And it's next door to a State Patrol office. In and out in 10 minutes yesterday for my license renewal.

13. Malum Prohibitum

Newnan - no screenings, no problems, and the personnel are actually very pleasant.

14. Wegahe

Wegahe NRA Instructor

Did you open carry?