Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone watching this race? Sanford bishop has held the seat for since 1993. He does whatever washington tells him to.

Looks like it could possibly flip.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
17,302 Posts
Anyone watching this race? Sanford bishop has held the seat for since 1993. He does whatever washington tells him to.

Looks like it could possibly flip.
Know you double posted this?

Nemo

·
Old, Slow, Boring Dude
2,687 Posts
I will be very surprised if Bishop is unseated. He goes to bat for the white farmers in this district. He gets them lots of subsidies.

Add that to the black vote and he has a lot of support.

Reactions: ICP_Juggalo

·
Man of Myth and Legend
17,302 Posts
I'll have to remember that one!

Nemo :cool:

·
Old, Slow, Boring Dude
2,687 Posts
Ok, I think I have narrowed down the choices to Jeremy Hunt or Chris West.

West is a lawyer from Thomasville.

Hunt is a West Point grad and former Army Officer. He has connections with the Heritage Foundation.

Both seem like capable conservatives.

Both profess to be practicing Christians.

Any thoughts? Primary is in two days.

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, I think I have narrowed down the choices to Jeremy Hunt or Chris West.

West is a lawyer from Thomasville.

Hunt is a West Point grad and former Army Officer. He has connections with the Heritage Foundation.

Both seem like capable conservatives.

Both profess to be practicing Christians.

Any thoughts? Primary is in two days.
Only problem I have with hunt is he isnt from that district. Relocated from atl right before election.

I did early voting and voted for rich Robertson.

·
Old, Slow, Boring Dude
2,687 Posts
Only problem I have with hunt is he isnt from that district. Relocated from atl right before election.

I did early voting and voted for rich Robertson.
Thank you for the response. I will prayerfully consider Robertson.

·
Old, Slow, Boring Dude
2,687 Posts
I voted for West in the primary. There is a run off June 21 between West and Hunt.

·
Old, Slow, Boring Dude
2,687 Posts
Both Hunt and West say all the right words. Both are pro gun, pro life Christians.

Hunt is a black conservative, so he has the race advantage in this district. He is a West Point grad, former Army Captain.

Like you said, he just moved here (I think he lives in Columbus area) last February.

West is a hometown boy, Thomasville area. He is a lawyer and a member of the National Guard.

I personally think either one would be an improvement over Bishop!

Reactions: Smilodon

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Both Hunt and West say all the right words. Both are pro gun, pro life Christians.

Hunt is a black conservative, so he has the race advantage in this district. He is a West Point grad, former Army Captain.

Like you said, he just moved here (I think he lives in Columbus area) last February.

West is a hometown boy, Thomasville area. He is a lawyer and a member of the National Guard.

I personally think either one would be an improvement over Bishop!
A fish out of my pond would be an improvement over sanford. Sanford just rubber stamps whatever the democrats want.

·
Old, Slow, Boring Dude
2,687 Posts
And yet, there is a theory down here that Hunt has a better chance of beating Bishop that West does.

Still think I'll vote for West.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts