Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like your recommendations for places around Atlanta for some gear.

I need to get some new camo pants, as I have found out this weekend that my old ones are a few sizes past.

I would also like to be able to hold an IWB holster before buying. I am looking for one that holds its shape, leather and has a tab to keep the back of the slide from touching me. I like the Summer Special 2 but its not available for my XD Sc 3inch (at least not at websites I checked).

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
tace said:
I would like your recommendations for places around Atlanta for some gear.

I need to get some new camo pants, as I have found out this weekend that my old ones are a few sizes past.

I would also like to be able to hold an IWB holster before buying. I am looking for one that holds its shape, leather and has a tab to keep the back of the slide from touching me. I like the Summer Special 2 but its not available for my XD Sc 3inch (at least not at websites I checked).
http://www.armynavydiscountcenter.com/ for camo and great staff with excellent service. I don't recall seeing holsters or the like.

I believe Autrey's Armory has a decent selection of holsters.

I have yet to make the trek to Big Wood's to check out their products, but I'm itchin' to make that trip.

Brigade Quartermaster in Marietta may have some holsters.

Edited for clarity.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
there is an army/navy store at the intersection of
ash st. and main st. in forest park good for camo
tacti-cool store across street good for holsters.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Malum Prohibitum said:
tace said:
. . . as I have found out this weekend that my old ones are a few sizes past.
Starting to look like this -----> :sick: bursting at the seams! :lol:
Nope, didn't even get that far. Turns out I am no longer 6 foot and 130 pounds.

:lol:

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ptsmith24 said:
What size are the old ones? They worth selling? Say..on here?
Highly doubt anyone will want City camos of M/S size. My wife already took them away cause they fit her fine.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Adam5 said:
http://www.southernholsters.com :righton:

I love the 'Memphis' IWB that Tom made for my PPK/S and I'm expecting the 'Savannah' OWB holster for my M&P-9 soon. Tom's a great guy to do business with, and he's a forum and GCO member too. :D
So, does the Memphis holster keep its shape for one handed reholstering? From the pictures, it looks like the semi-auto versions have the tab to keep the slide touching the body, is that so?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
tace said:
ptsmith24 said:
What size are the old ones? They worth selling? Say..on here?
Highly doubt anyone will want City camos of M/S size. My wife already took them away cause they fit her fine.
damn. I was just about to say I have a wife that might could use em. :D

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ptsmith24 said:
Yea, I'm 6 foot 1, 155 lbs.
You shrimp! I am the same height as you with an extra 70 lbs of pure muscle :rotfl2:

·
Super Moderator
69,784 Posts
tace said:
Adam5 said:

I love the 'Memphis' IWB that Tom made for my PPK/S and I'm expecting the 'Savannah' OWB holster for my M&P-9 soon. Tom's a great guy to do business with, and he's a forum and GCO member too. :D
So, does the Memphis holster keep its shape for one handed reholstering? From the pictures, it looks like the semi-auto versions have the tab to keep the slide touching the body, is that so?

Thanks.
Wow. His web site has really changed. He does not even make the belts anymore. I guess it's holsters by Andrew if you want a belt.

But . . . the site still shows belts? :?

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,945 Posts
tace said:
Adam5 said:

Thanks.
Mine has a tab that was absent from my last IWB holster. It does a great job of keeping the rear of th eslide and beaver tail from digging into my side. As long I keep my belt comfortable it only loses a little shape, but not enough to prevent on handed re holstering. If you want, I can bring the holster to the GCO lunch so that you can see it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.