GCPD don't waste time

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Rugerer, Apr 13, 2017.

1. Rugerer

Rugerer GeePeeDoHolic

2. awanatech

awanatech Well-Known Member

I wonder if we can expect charges to be filed against them as well?

3. Scout706

Scout706 Well-Known Member

. . . I thought turn signals were optional equipment in GA.

4. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

Looks like decisive action by the GCPD. Good for them.

5. NTA

NTA Well-Known Member

6. awanatech

I'm guessing that he didn't use hand signals either though to indicate his intention to change lanes.

7. awanatech

O.C.G.A. 40-8-25 (2010)
    40-8-25. Brake lights and turn signals required

(a) It shall be unlawful for any person to sell any motor vehicle manufactured after January 1, 1954, including any motorcycle or motor driven cycle manufactured after January 1, 1954, in this state or for any person to drive such vehicle on the highways unless it is equipped with at least one brake light meeting the requirements of Code Section 40-8-26.

(b) If a motor vehicle is manufactured with two brake lights, both must be operational.

(c) No person shall sell or offer for sale or operate on the highways any motor vehicle, trailer, or semitrailer registered in this state and manufactured or assembled after January 1, 1954, unless it is equipped with mechanical or electrical turn signals meeting the requirements of Code Section 40-8-26. This subsection shall not apply to any motorcycle or motor driven cycle manufactured prior to January 1, 1972.

8. awanatech

O.C.G.A. 40-8-26 (2010)
    40-8-26. Standards for brake lights and signal devices

(a) Any motor vehicle may be equipped and when required under this article shall be equipped with the following signal lights or devices:

(1) A brake light on the rear which shall emit a red light and which shall be actuated upon application of the service (foot) brake and which may but need not be incorporated with a taillight; and

(2) A light or lights or mechanical signal device capable of clearly indicating any intention to turn either to the right or to the left and which shall be visible from both the front and the rear.

(b) Every brake light shall be plainly visible and understandable from a distance of 300 feet to the rear both during normal sunlight and at nighttime, and every signal light or lights indicating intention to turn shall be visible and understandable during daytime and nighttime from a distance of 300 feet from both the front and the rear. When a vehicle is equipped with a brake light or other signal lights, such light or lights shall at all times be maintained in good working condition. No brake light or signal light shall project a glaring or dazzling light.

(c) All mechanical signal devices shall be self-illuminated when in use at the times mentioned in Code Section 40-8-20.

(d) All lenses on brake lights and signal devices shall be maintained in good repair and shall meet manufacturers' specifications.

9. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

10. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Georgia law does not always require that you use them when changing lanes. This comes as a surprise to many people, including, ironically, police officers.

11. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

Are you referring to designated turning lanes or something else?

12. Nemo

Many police are quite knowledgeable about no requirement to use turn signals while changing lanes. I have seen them not bother to use them many times.

Nemo

13. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

All lanes. Signalling a lane change is not always required. I posted about it somewhere on here before. There is even case law on it, which I believe I posted as well.

14. Rugerer

Rugerer GeePeeDoHolic

89 cases they were involved in were dismissed.

http://www.gwinnettdailypost.com/lo...cle_9bfadb6d-191f-5242-bd1d-a669a41707d0.html

Excuses.
    http://www.gwinnettdailypost.com/lo...cle_d1620462-5985-5c74-9745-ef402d8baf24.html

15. Nemo

Bravo Solicitor General Rosanna Szabo Bravo.

Nemo

16. Rugerer

Rugerer GeePeeDoHolic

17. Nemo

Saw a report about this on NBC evening news today. Its making the national broadcast. They had a video of when the first cop got the guy out of the car, cop had driver between car seat area and door, busted him square in the face with a good elbow while driver had both hands in the air.

Very clear view of the driver from cop approaching and first strike. Were I prosecuting the case, I would put defendant up to describe injuries, driving before stop and what happened at hospital. That video would convict first cop all by itself.

Nemo

http://www.nbcnews.com/nightly-news...eaten-by-georgia-cops-speaks-out-921651267517

Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
  18. Fallschirmjäger

Fallschirmjäger I watch the watchers

I'm hoping that I'm wrong, but that certainly sounds like an admission of 'street justice'.
    Since when is vigilantism acceptable?

19. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

Don't want to sound like some, but it happens all the time when the person taking the vigilante approach wears a badge.