GCO Writes Letter to Judge, License Issued

Discussion in 'General GWL Questions' started by jrm, Feb 14, 2007.

1. jrm

jrm Sledgehammer

Here's a linkto the details.

2. kkennett

kkennett New Member

Is this the 'so sue me' judge. If so, boy was he a paper tiger. What a jerk. Thanks John, for your time.

3. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired Active Member

It always ticks me off that you can reason and argue with someone about doing whats right and legal for hours on end and get no where, yet when a simple letter bearing a lawyers letterhead shows up in thier mail things start happening! Good work GCO!

4. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

By the way, in case you miss it, this was same day service from your local friendly probate court. The local probate courts are always glad to help out.

5. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

:rotfl:

6. It seems that membership has it's privileges. :wink:

7. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

8. Malum Prohibitum

So here is the question.

Where are the probate judges with any convictions or principles on this temporary licensing issue?

Why make a policy of deliberately violating the law if you will not stick to it, time and again running up the white flag as soon as the H.M.S. GCO fires the first shot across your bow?

On the temporary license issue, GCO has yet been unable to find a probate judge willing to fight this . . .

If they really thought they were obeying the law, they would resolve to fight and appeal if they lost. There is only one rational conclusion to be drawn from this behavior. They know what the law says.

9. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

If they give up and and comply so easily, one has to wonder why they refuse in the first place.

What do they have to gain, personally, professionally or politically by refusung to issue temps?

The only answer that leaps to my mind is that this is one more way one judge can try to force people to do things his way simply beacuse he says so.

Other than that, why?

10. tony218

tony218 New Member

"What do they have to gain, personally, professionally or politically by refusung to issue temps? "

i think they are just avoiding writers cramp

11. $$$. $39+ for the regular application versus $5 for the renewal. Everything is about $. The other reason would be because they are in a good position to be an :censored:

12. Malum Prohibitum

Actually, the temporary is only $1.

13. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

How does refusing to issue temp benefit the county (or the judge) financially?

I don't see what you're getting at.

14. Malum Prohibitum

I don't think he means that they benefit. Maybe he means that for a $1 fee, they are losing money on the time and paper.

As a side note, the $1 nominal fee probably shows what a perfunctory issuance the General Assembly considered this to be.

15. Many Probate Judges are refusing to issue temporary GFL's, and instead requiring gun owners to fill out a completely new application, no? So where do you think the $ for the new application goes? The county, yes? :wink:

16. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

But I don't see them as having a substantial financial interest in making people give ~$30 for the county. $30 is not a lot of money.

17. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

People are already paying $30 for the renewal license.

How does the county benefit from refusing to let them pay ANOTHER $1 for a temp at the same time?

18. Ramm~, GA has to be one of the leading issuers of GL's in the country by most accounts. Add that $30 bucks up hundred's and hundred's of times over whatever period of time you wish...

mzmtg:

Quote: "People are already paying $30 for the renewal license.

How does the county benefit from refusing to let them pay ANOTHER $1 for a temp at the same time?"

Many counties are refusing to even issue temp GFL's...come on people, surely you guys that have been here much longer than I, have read the topics in this forum about this very thing...this being the case, a temp license costs $1. But many counties won't issue it, yes? They make you pay the $30+ again...and if then if they decide to give you a temp. then they take your $1 also. What the hell??? I suppose what I am saying is this: Go ahead, take my $30+ dollars, my additional $1, and then make me wait 6 f :censored: months, or more, before you are kind enough to give me a GFL that so generously allows me to excercise my right to bear arms that is my f :censored: right in the first place. :bowdown: Does the fact that we have to pay to gain a right that is already ours, not piss any of you off? :shock:

And yes, MP~, they will waste the paper, just because they can. Even for the $1 nominal fee.

19. Malum Prohibitum

I think we are talking past each other.

You have to apply for the renewal license in order to apply for the temporary renewal license.