GCO under attack

Discussion in 'GA Laws and Politics' started by Alabama Jones, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Alabama Jones

Alabama Jones Señor Member

AtlPhilip, DonT and timbrubaker like this.
  2. HCountyGuy

HCountyGuy Well-Known Member

Yeah the lies/misinformation are spreading like a wildfire across social media.

EJR914 and AtlPhilip like this.

3. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

Lawsuit Time against the Gaggling Geese?

EJR914 and AtlPhilip like this.
  4. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

I don't see any comments. Why hasn't someone from GCO rebutted the accusations?

I received an email from GCO yesterday addressing this very subject. The word "libelous" was used. I understand you may not want to show your hand too early but there was no indication that any action was being contemplated against GGO and/or secondamendmentdaily.com.

5. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

I received another email. GCO is getting beat up big time.

Nemo

6. HCountyGuy

Go figure. They put in enough information to rile up their blind loyalists who won’t bother to investigate or think beyond what they read.

It’s not that GeorgiaCarry doesn’t want Constitutional Carry, it’s just that they realize there’s other goals which are a bit more worthwhile that should take priority over simply removing the permit requirement.

7. HCountyGuy

GeorgiaCarry needs to put out some detailed, public statements (on their site and social media) to refute and counter this nonsense.

EJR914 and timbrubaker like this.
  8. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

I am a GCO member, and I didn't get any e-mail. Was this sent out to all members?

Anyhow, in a nutshell what's wrong with what GGO said about GCO's position?

Georgia Carry is NOT actively pushing for a no-permit-carry bill, correct?
    It's not that they oppose such a policy in theory, but in practice, it's not on the agenda for this year. There are other short-term goals.

Was it factually inaccurate for Ga Gun Owners group to quote (or paraphrase?) Jerry Henry in saying that he, personally, doesn't want this bill NOW. Now, meaning in 2019.
    I didn't hear Jerry Henry saying that getting rid of the GWL requirement and making it optional wouldn't be a fine longer-term goal, after we've made more gains in the pro-gun, pro-carry direction.

Think of football. Rarely are games won by 75-yard "Hail Mary" passes. Games are won by having short-term goals of getting a gain of 10 yards in 3 or 4 attempts, and then setting another 10-yard goal, and another, until you're in REALISTIC striking distance of the other team's end zone.

Any legal action would have to be based on a flat-out lie, a factual lie, not a difference of opinion or any even arguably reasonable spln or intepretation of the facts of what somebody said or did.

MRD and jag_357 like this.
  9. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

P.S. I oppose (really oppose) permitless carry in public, away from your home, your land, your place of business, your vehicle, or the hunting fields, or the shooting range.

If such a bill had a good chance of passing, I'd write and call all the legislators in my sphere of influence and ask them to oppose it. I want to keep the license-to-carry requirement, although I'd like to see a "fast track" emergency plan for same-day issued licenses for people who are facing a special risk, like an ex-lover has made death threats against that applicant and he's got an arrest warrant pending, but he hasn't been picked up yet.

10. jsaund22

jsaund22 Ninjaneering Computers

No surprise there.

BSCLibertarian, blind_shake and NTA like this.
  11. Wegahe

Wegahe NRA Instructor

Then do you actually oppose the original intent of the 2A? Having the government say what you can or can't do with a right that clearly says "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" you support it being infringed on a lot of different fronts.

Exactly why do you believe you should be required to have a permit to exercise your 2A rights or any of the rights. How about having to get a permit for the 4A and the 5A? those rights do not state shall not be infringed like the 2A does but no permit is required.

MRD likes this.
  12. StarJack

StarJack Well Aged Member

Same here, been a member since Oct 2006, no emails in quite a while.

AtlPhilip likes this.
  13. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

I got the email.

14. Suburbbus

Suburbbus Well-Known Member

Never got the email either. Also, have not seen one in quite a while for anything.

15. Groundhound

Groundhound Active Member

I got the GCO email Friday at 1:40 am.

16. StarJack

StarJack Well Aged Member

Well, well, well. Guess what Yahoo (I have a bellsouth.net address from decades ago) is now flagging as SPAM! Yeah, after receiving GCO emails for over 12 years, they're now classified as SPAM! More digging needs to be done, but it's late. Heads up to GCO members.

17. Alabama Jones

Alabama Jones Señor Member

Well I'll be damned! Thanks for posting that, Star Jack! I also have a bellsouth address
    and my GCO emails are being marked as spam! I was wondering why I hadn't received
    anything in a while. Best I can tell, this just started this year.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
  18. TimBob

TimBob Old, Slow, Boring Dude

Thanks for the heads up, found it in spam folder!

19. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

Since those places don't require a permit it's a moot point. But I'd bet that if GA got permitless carry, there'd still be quite a bit of interest in acquiring one. It eliminates the NICS background check for one.

Beyond that, we don't require permits for owning and using bibles, owning and using printers, saying what's on our mind, etc. Why should weapons be any different?

20. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

GGO is saying GCO is actively opposing it. They posted a pic of Jerry, Kelly, and John meeting with the Speaker and claimed it is a photo of them lobbying him to oppose HB2.

They also made available an audio recording of Jerry on Armed American Radio that cuts off after a few words before Jerry gives his explanation.

What's wrong is that it is deceptive :bsflag: that is what is wrong.