Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 20 of 377 Posts

·
68,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GCO is planning a lunch for a date, most likely, of August 18, 2007 (a Saturday), in the Atlanta area. In planning this, we want to get a feel for how many people are likely to show up. Plan on $20 or so a head (approximate right now).

Also state whether you would be interested in informally gathering to visit and participate in skeet shooting afterward (Tom Lowe rents guns and sells ammo).

Our speaker this time around will be a legislator from Georgia's General Assembly, on the subject of what you can do (and should not do) when dealing with legislators to improve gun laws in Georgia. Be aware that this legislator sits on a committee through which gun bills must pass. As a result, I would like as many members as possible to attend (which is why this is a lunch, to give people time to travel, if necessary).

I'll start. I will be at the lunch and would like to skeet shoot afterward.

Please respond only if you are likely to come and, as an aside, note whether you would also like to skeet shoot afterward.

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
I'm in for lunch and skeet. Might be able to talk MrsGunns into it as well, have to see though...

Is it ok to bring our own skeet gun and ammo?

·
68,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is it ok to bring our own skeet gun and ammo?
Of course! :lol: I just put that there in case anybody would not come due to lack of a gun or ammo. I think $9 covers an entire day's rental.

LUNCH

Adam5
ber950
Gunstar1
ICP_Juggalo
jrm
M249
Malum Prohibitum
Mike from Philly
Molon Labe
Rammstein
Sharky
Tinkerhell
Tony218
USMC-Retired
Wiley

SHOOTING

Malum Prohibitum
Sharky
Tinkerhell
Tony218 (trap, "skeet is for sissies")
USMC-Retired
Wiley

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
:righton: On lunch

:shakehead: Probably not for skeet. Have to get closer to know for sure.

Trying to shoot skeet makes me fell like this. :banghead: ](*,)
Of course some tips from gunny might be helpful.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
I can make lunch.

I'm not sure about the skeet. It's been so long (about 20 years) that I might completely embarrass myself.

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
ber950 said:
:righton: On lunch

:shakehead: Probably not for skeet. Have to get closer to know for sure.

Trying to shoot skeet makes me fell like this. :banghead: ](*,)
Of course some tips from gunny might be helpful.
Happy to coach anyone who want's it. In the past I have actually coached a couple of shooters to the point that they shoot skeet better than me. :shock: :lol:

MP, what's the charge per round of skeet?

·
68,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ptsmith24 said:
I *may* be able to. If I can, it'll be both. I've never done skeet shooting before.
Let me know when we can add you to the "probable" list. We are using this for planning, reservations, and the like, so "may" does not help us. To the extent you can do so, we urge GCO members to attend this meeting even if none other, for the reasons listed above.

Unlike most meetings, we are considering (leaning toward) opening this one to nonmembers as well.

·
Registered
8,809 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
ptsmith24 said:
I *may* be able to. If I can, it'll be both. I've never done skeet shooting before.
Let me know when we can add you to the "probable" list. We are using this for planning, reservations, and the like, so "may" does not help us. To the extent you can do so, we urge GCO members to attend this meeting even if none other, for the reasons listed above.

Unlike most meetings, we are considering (leaning toward) opening this one to nonmembers as well.
That's the weekend before classes start...my second set of classes anyway. I may carpool if I'm not busy, assuming Ramm goes (no pressure, Ramm :D ).

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
I should be in for both. The wife is a possible for em both too but we will have to see about that. Hopefully by then I will have her GFL. :wink:

·
68,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
M249 said:
I'm not sure about the skeet. It's been so long (about 20 years) that I might completely embarrass myself.
Good! I need somebody I can shoot with . . .

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
i think i'm good for both (trap shooting) skeets for sissy's :whistle:

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
tony218 said:
i think i'm good for both (trap shooting) skeets for sissy's :whistle:
If your skeered, just say your skeered. :twisted:

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
ptsmith24 said:
Malum Prohibitum said:
ptsmith24 said:

That's the weekend before classes start...my second set of classes anyway. I may carpool if I'm not busy, assuming Ramm goes (no pressure, Ramm :D ).
I was just gonna suggest this. If you want to carpool I'd be down for the trip.

Sorry to clutter the thread MP.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
skeered

just pokin' at gunny. skeet is fine with me i'll have to shoot
with a trap gun.

1 - 20 of 377 Posts