Georgiapacking.org banner

501 - 511 of 511 Posts

·
Registered
13,483 Posts
They could deny them but you can still apply as the federal rules say you can and that would make them respond.
The easiest thing for a government entity to do is just ignore you. Then you can play the FOIA game with them.

·
Professional Troll
2,115 Posts
Update on my letters. Took a month to get letter from Mobile and Jacksonville. Still Waiting on Savannah, Nashville, Sacramento, and Los Angeles.
I got letters back from Los Angeles and Sacramento. Los Angeles flat out denied me saying that I didn't cite a specific date or specific Corps project I was wanting to carrying on, furthermore Col Baten said I didn't provide a copy of a valid carry license which is a bald face lie. I included a photocopy of all 3 of my carry licenses with every letter I sent out. Sacramento said they have no Corps projects in the state of Nevada, which is where I was wanting to carry, so they could not act the request that this time. Still waiting to hear from Savannah and Nashville.

·
Senior Mumbler
6,369 Posts
They also could just resume denying them out of hand, like in the good 'ole days. That was easier, too.
Wasn't this part of the reason the Georgia case was dismissed, because they started issuing carry letters?

·
Sledgehammer
4,705 Posts
Wasn't this part of the reason the Georgia case was dismissed, because they started issuing carry letters?
Yes, and the representation that they were working on changing the regulation. But it just does not take that long to change a regulation. I hope Gary Slider is correct, but I'm skeptical.

·
Senior Mumbler
6,369 Posts
Yes, and the representation that they were working on changing the regulation. But it just does not take that long to change a regulation. I hope Gary Slider is correct, but I'm skeptical.
JRM, my comment was in regards to if they just deny them out of hand like the good ol days, then Georgia's case would be relevant again.

·
PITA
220 Posts
JRM, my comment was in regards to if they just deny them out of hand like the good ol days, then Georgia's case would be relevant again.
And JRM, along these lines, would the case also become relevant again if USACOE simply started ignoring request letters, instead of sending denial letters? They may even be doing that now.

·
68,147 Posts
And what if they use the letters for toilet paper, and we can prove it?

·
Senior Mumbler
6,369 Posts
But then them saying ok we'll start issuing carry letters again doesn't hold as much weight to make GCO's case moot a second time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Any update on COE-2018-0008? Anybody receive a recent approval from Mobile? I am 2 1/2 months now without a response to my permission request letter.

501 - 511 of 511 Posts