GCO Sues Corps of Engineers Over Right to Carry On Corps Property June 13th, 2014

Discussion in 'Georgia In the News' started by tmoore912, Aug 15, 2014.

1. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

Comments are now accessible.

2. Groundhound

Groundhound Active Member

Any update on the proposed rule change, or do we still need to ask for a permission letter?

3. jrm

jrm Sledgehammer

It's been over three years. They know how to make a rule change. I think they're running out the clock.

4. ICP_Juggalo

ICP_Juggalo Professional Troll

So what is the SOP for wanting to carry on COE property out of state? I have both a Florida non res and Utah non res and want to get permission to carry on projects in those states/districts. Will they accept a non-res license to carry on COE out of state covered by those licenses?

5. ICP_Juggalo

Here is a photo of the districts

[​IMG]

6. ICP_Juggalo

I frequent Nevada and use my Utah license to carry in Nevada. So I guess I would have to write the Los Angeles, Sacramento, and Walla Walla districts if I wanted to be covered for the state of Nevada.

7. Hombre

Hombre PITA

I'm just guessing, but I wouldn't be surprised if they screwed you over too, and made you go apply in person for one of their permission letters, like they had done to some people districts near here.

It sure seems like they are now playing politics and being real buttheads, instead of them making it appear as if they were finally doing the right thing. I only say that because it seems like they may have done the comment thing for the rule change proposal...just for show. I hope I am wrong about that.

8. Gary Slider

Gary Slider New Member

It looks like it will be February before they make the final decision but it is a done deal just waiting for a slow government. It has to be published in the Federal Register and in most cases there is a 30 day period after the publication of the new rule before it goes into effect. so by the end February or sometime in March it should be effective.

9. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

Why the delay in getting it published? If they need help drafting the rule I am sure a couple around here could handle it.

Nemo

10. Hombre

Hombre PITA

Excellent news. Thanks for the update.

On a side note, I wish I could become a government employee. Then I would be virtually unaccountable for much of anything. Just don't get in the way of someone playing politics, and you're golden. But I am an old white male who isn't a veteran, so I don't have a chance in hell of getting any government job, especially at the USPS. I had a former friend get a job there. The one and only reason (he was a 30 year old white male) he got the job was because he had been in the Navy. However, he had received a discharge for psychological reasons (because he had done way too much LSD while in the Navy). He, in particular, wasn't any danger to anyone (except on the road, because he was an alcoholic and pothead), but we all joked about him "Going Postal".

11. jrm

jrm Sledgehammer

Where did this information come from?

And, by February there will potentially be a new sheriff in the Whitehouse who may not be so keen on the rule change.

12. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

Yes, I should have asked for a source citation.

And 21 posts here in 13 years does not infer credibility.

Nemo

13. jrm

jrm Sledgehammer

Well, if that's really Gary and not someone impersonating him, he's well known to some of us. I don't question his credibility, just the source. It might be correct, but it's not entirely consistent with information I have obtained from the army lawyers we litigated this case against. So I wondered.

ICP_Juggalo likes this.
  14. ICP_Juggalo

Update on my letters. Took a month to get letter from Mobile and Jacksonville. Still Waiting on Savannah, Nashville, Sacramento, and Los Angeles.

15. rmodel65

rmodel65 Yukon Cornelius

I dont know why you dont think you can get a government job. Granted veterans get preference if the job is open to the public. You should just be open to move anywhere to get in. I moved 800 miles away and got hired. Then I promoted just barely a year later and moved 1300 more miles from there. Then lateraled back to Georgia all while not being a veteran.