GCO President's Tie

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by USMC - Retired, Jan 31, 2007.

1. Yes - A power tie would be best.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes - Perhaps something painted like a fish.

60.0%
  3. Yes - Just about anything would be better!

20.0%
  4. No - It should stay stuck in the 80's with his haircut.

20.0%
  1. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired Active Member

Following the House Subcommitee hearings on HB 89 members have been unanimous in thier opinion of MP's outstanding performance. However, there has been some discussion concerning his choice of neckwear. Here is your chance to voice your opinion on this monumental topic. Should the President of GCO get a new tie?

His tie can be viewed at this link.

http://www.legis.state.ga.us/legis/2007 ... chives.htm

2. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

I personally like the Tobasco Sauce line of ties myself. :D

3. Foul

Foul New Member

Would THIS tie make it onto the premises?

[​IMG]

4. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

Look Near End

If you click on the link and choose to view the legislative sub-committee session in question, you might want to know that malum's comments in favor of the legislation come near the end, about 95% of the way through the video clip I'd guess.

What's wrong with the tie? Nice red stripes-- it sort of reminded me of a candy cane at Christmas time. That's a good association!

Now that thing about "normally carrying two guns-- they won't both fit in the glove box..." that probably raised some red flags in some people's minds. But of course when you're hearing from the president of a grassroots organization dedicated to the specific issue of CARRYING weapons... why should it surprise anyone that the guy likes to pack some major firepower? It's not like he's the president of the Boy Scouts, speaking about how relaxing Georgia's gun transportation restrictions would make it easier to take Scouts to the range to earn their marksmanship merit badges!

5. pro2am

pro2am New Member

The tie wasn't bad. Neither was the presentation...thank you for that MP. I was thinking the same thing about the "two guns" comment, I wonder how many raised eyebrows were in the room? I like how you got in comments about not being able to carry in the building and the 60 day law.

6. S&W 40

S&W 40 Active Member

I have to admit that untill I saw MP on the computer this afternoon I was thinking of a slightly larger (around the middle) and balding gent.. Glad to see you are more like us?? :shattered:

As far as the two guns and the glovebox, he either drives a Yugo and no real gun would fit or he has BIG guns (Dirty Harry). :shoot:

I can also see why we have some screwed up laws with the way some of the reps knew what was being talked about :sleep: #-o :shakehead:

My check will be in the mail in the morning, hope that the USPS has any trouble with your PO box fixed.

7. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Actually, I can get them both to fit in the glovebox, but only if I take everything else out (like the owner's manual).

After more than 24 hours of polling, it looks like my conservative Brooks Brothers tie is approved by the majority of respondents! :D

8. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

Which just goes to show that while the members of this forum may have great taste in their weapons thier choice of attire is.... lacking.

:lol:

9. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired Active Member

Perhaps I may have been mistaken and owe MP and apology. It would seem that a slight majority of the responding membership do in fact believe that his tie should remain stuck in the 80's with his haircut.... :oops:

10. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

I will have you know that the haircut is at least early nineties.

The wife made me give up my Ray Ban Aviators and Sperry Topsiders some years ago . . . :cry:

11. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

lol

12. ICP_Juggalo

ICP_Juggalo Professional Troll

Re: Look Near End

I agree. Ed looks like he is wearing a giganitc candy cane!

But tis not a better Christmas present than someone like Ed that can look the likes of Benfield and Abdul-Salaam in the eyes and set them straight. He is their kryptonite, except with candy cane stripes and not a green glow.

13. Macktee

Macktee New Member

Arrrgh!

My eyes!

My eyes!!!

That tie looks more like Marx Brothers than Brooks Brothers...

A lot more...!

But, don't change a thing. It's all part of your personal persona.......

14. rajl

rajl New Member

Ed keeps speaking in the video, but the only things I hear coming out of his mouth is "We wish you a merry christmas, we wish you a merry christmas..." :p

15. GeorgiaGlocker

GeorgiaGlocker Romans 1:16

Malum, You are getting hammered!! Maybe you had better carry that tie concealed.

16. CoffeeMate

CoffeeMate Junior Butt Warmer

Now that MP has hit a post count of 40K, I think it's time for him to see if Brooks Brothers' makes another tie.

:lol:

17. MLS 4506

MLS 4506 Active Member

I seem to remember that tie being auctioned off at one of the conventions,was I dreaming :?: